Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 Should I worry about discharging? >

Should I worry about discharging?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Should I worry about discharging?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I worry about discharging?

Christmas is coming up, so I'm going to treat myself to something nice . I'm looking at getting either the e-Station BC-5 Balancer/Charger for about $130, or the e-Station 501DX Charger/Discharger and the PB-5 Balancer for about $170. My question is whether the ability to discharge is important, and if I should get the 501DX with additional separate balancer, or just get the BC-5 that has a builtin balancer but won't discharge?

If discharging is important, how valuable is the data link and temp sensor capability of the 501DX? I could save about $40 and lose the data capablities and temp sensor by getting the 301DX. Does anyone use it and find it invaluable, or is it not worth it?

So here are my choices, please advise:
>BC-5 - Builtin balancer, no data logging no discharge but has temp sensor $130
>301DX - Separate balancer ($45), discharges but no data logging no temp sensor $130
>501DX - Separate balancer ($45), discharges & has data logging $175

Edit: Someone recently suggested a Pro Peak Prodigy 2 Charger ($70) with a Blinky Cell Balancer ($24), so if people have had bad experiences with the e-station or if discharging is a good idea i could go that route too.