Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

CNC Head Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CNC Head Replacements

Now here is a question. I got the CNC metal head upgrade for my Walkera 36, and what is the first thing i did? Had a small crash and bent the main blade traverse shaft thats what. Where can I get a replacement? The shaft is different than the stock one so i can't just go on ehirobo and get a new one, and I haven't seen it other places. I had better not have to get a whole new CNC head! Anybody know where to get CNC replacement parts?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:31 PM

Default RE: CNC Head Replacements

i dont know where you can get one but maybe see if the original plastic head feathering shaft will work
Old 12-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Hi,

I just did the exact same thing with the same metal head. I ordered a walkera 60 one bu it was about 1mm too long, had to file it down a little.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:00 PM

Thats interesting, where did you get it from? I'd really like a straight replacment, but if nobody tells me of one i'll have to improvise.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:24 AM
My Feedback: (1)

i used a trex feathering shaft, and trimmed it down/ shimmed it and it seemed to get the job done, only a few $ for a 3 pack at the LHS.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:34 AM

OK i don't do abbreviations so well yet, lol. Where is LHS, and are we talking about the rod that goes between the blade holders in the head piece, b/c i thought the feathering shaft was something else.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 AM

RC and Me sells individual replacement parts for their CNC head, it's just a matter of whether you have the same one or not. I don't get any bonuses from them, they are just better organized than a lot of hobby suppliers.

http://www.rcandme.com

SB
Old 12-02-2006, 09:39 AM

the feathering shaft is what you want , its the same thing, as for LHS, thats Local Hobby Store/Shop. I run the micro-heli titanium feathering shaft in mine.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:11 PM

Ok I found a set of 4 Trex HS1003 feathering shafts for like $6 on some site. Are they the right size for my CNC upgrade?

Another Question: Will the HS1184 flybar work on the Walkera 36? It seems much longer, and I don't know what that would do to the flight characterisitics, but i'd like to order all my parts from one place, and the places that have these feathering shafts don't have the walkera flybars. How long is the DF36 flybar anywho?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:24 PM

N/M to that last post. I'll leave it up b/c i'm still curious for an answer to it, but i've found my Stuff. RC and me has everything I need, just listed differently. It looks like the feathering shaft I need can come from walkera - the HM-037-Z-09, if anybody knows, let me know if that will work, I won't be buying it till I hear back.

EDIT: Scratch that. I emailed RCandMe (thanks for the idea stableblade!) and this is what they told me:

Hi Chris,

thanks for the note, and yes the Feathering shaft for the 60 or the 37 will work, both are 40mm long and the feathering shaft for the CNC head is 38.6mm..

we will in a few weeks be getting hardened steel feathering shafts for these..

Hope the info helps.

thx
So that answers that, but i'm still curious about what the longer flybar (the Trex sized one) would do to the characteristics of the DF36.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:06 PM

hi i am also having similar problem with alloy head but the parts i need is the small bush and screw that holds the flybar sesaw bit in
also the boom clamp that holds the vertical fin

its ok having all these dam fancy upgrades but no one sells parts for them hope i am not going to have to buy a complete new head just for the sake of a bush and screw and vertical fin holder

anyone else lost this part and done any mods to make it work ?

Old 06-03-2007, 01:24 PM

That metal bushing is also in the plastic head. You can take one from there, same screw too. The bushing may be a little long but you can just file it. If you are a direct replacement only kind of guy let's scratch that check book!

http://www.hooobby.com/dragonfly-36-...are-parts.html