Search
Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 91 AC or new YS 80fz for Warbird Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 91 AC or new YS 80fz for Warbird Racing

Looking for a recommendation as to which engine would be best for me to use for a Silver class warbird racer. Which engine would give me the best torque the YS 91AC or the new YS 80fz.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2017, 09:23 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both motors would do great if racing in Sacramento. I personally would match the plane to the engine and use the motor that works best with the airframe. With that said the 80 would be new and come with warranty and support from YS parts and service whereas the 91s are getting harder to find. If you were using a world models P 51 either motor would work by placing the gear to off set whichever motor is used. We have raced the 70 in silver with great results on multiple airframes. The 80 would use a little less nitro and be a great fit.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jimmy I ordered the world models spitfire and will probably purchase a new YS 80 then adjust Nitro to hopefully get me around that 2 minute break out speed.

Thanks again Bob
Old 03-12-2017, 04:25 PM
My Feedback: (2)

keep us posted on how it goes. I think you will be very happy with that combination.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:12 AM

The FZ80 S is the best engine that Yamada San has ever made in this case - 53/63/70/80. There are a number of improvements: 1) spiral oil groove on valve lifters, 2) much better carburetor, and all of the 70 improvements.

The different carburetor means the the main needle runs at about 1 turn open. On your first tank don't get discouraged, keep turning it in. Later engines may not run here !

I want another one but they are out of stock at central hobbies.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:05 PM
My Feedback: (46)

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Just picked up an 80 from RC Country, looks like the instructions are from the 70, what prop should I get for it running 20/20 fuel?