Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
 Plane kit not sent - ebay scam >

Plane kit not sent - ebay scam

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Plane kit not sent - ebay scam

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane kit not sent - ebay scam

There's a well known 1/2A plane kit manufacturer / seller on ebay, who also run an online glue shop. I recently bought a kit from them via ebay and the item has not been posted. The shop refused to supply a postal tracking number, despite me asking multile times. Their phone is never answered and emails go ignored. Over 2 weeks has past and I've reported this to ebay. Whether I'll ever see any money back through paypal remains to be seen. Last time I ever deal with any online ebay shop. Particuarly those with FMK in their name.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:24 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Plane kit not sent - ebay scam

Dude, the only FMK I found didn't sell glue. You might want to clear that up with the actual name! I don't mind a heads-up on bad dealers.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:03 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was this the UK variant of ebay or the .com US one?

Oh it's the UK ebay. Two weeks isn't really all that long in the realm of ebay things.. not in america anyway, especially if the seller only ships once a week and it goes out normal post and they are in California and I am in Boston..

Still they should be more forthcoming with answering your email, but so much spam and scam email comes posing as normal email questions, that I myself filter so heavily anything containing the word ebay, that your emails may be caught in a net..

Paypal will likely get through the wall and shake things loose for you, hopefully.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:06 PM

I own FMK models, The miniature Aircraft factory , Starloc adhesives....and fivestar distribution they are not all the same company they are seperate but i do own them all!, and its me you bought the kit from on ebay!

Ebay id`s wgrhglshp , calibraturbo666 , miniature-aircraft-factory

(listing them all so im not hiding anything about who i actualy am on abay or `real life`!)

>microengine , its not exactly over 2 weeks and as per the emails theres a bit more to the story than an ebay scam, we dont scam anyone and i dont like comments like that after less that 2 weeks and continuous contact starting at the 1st day of work after you placed the order (monday)

As in the email conversation you have been having with me since saturday the 13th (date of order) (i have replied to all recieved)

The kit was posted on the monday after your saturday purchase, you contacted me at the end of the week saying it wasnt there, i told you id check it up, the tracking said undelivered, return to sender, i told you this, then the kit was resent, but the resending of the kit was delayed due to the UKs largest show, we supply many products under own label as well as our own and we are very busy, the delays in resending were unavoidable

The tracking no for your order (should have been recieved, but it was posted after sandown, but it wa a reposting so thats 2 postings in 2 weks , its not our fault the post seem to send to the return labels sometimes

RB579999426GB

We have answered the ebay messages and your paypal one, and unusualy for fivestar and fmk the phone is now answered full time in working hours ( 9.30am to 4pm) (outside this it sometimes is sometimes is but there is an answerphone and fax, emails to info@fivestardistribution are answered usualy within 24 hours but not anything with attachments links or ebay type that are only read/replied through ebay)

We can not answer an ebay message by email, only through ebay as we only read ebay message on ebay but to scammers

We have had a lot of critisism for years about our lack of phone answering we didnt answer it much for 10 years... (we do now answer it in working hours (since the start of march we have diverted the retail no through to a retail desk in the trade units), but obviously there are times like major shows when trade orders/displays take full time work and retail orders get the answerphone, bit at these times we cancel the ebay kit sales, the glue is unaffected as i have many employes on the glue side the phone was unanswered fom the thursday morning before sandown till monday morning , this is the only time it has not been answered in the last couple of months (apart from weekends and evenings) although there was an answerphone)

You have noticed that we are the same people selling the glue on ebay,this is correct, you can also see that we have over 600 positive feedbacks a month on that so were not exactly likely to rip you off

Sorry for the problems, but they were not of our making, and anything that goes wrong takes longer to sort out than a normal order!
(i still dont think 2 weeks is that long though!, but we normaly are much quicker!)

Old 05-26-2006, 07:18 PM

Thankyou for getting in touch. It seems some mail must have gone astray. I didn't receive any note through the door with regard to postal failure. Neither did I receive a tracking number to confirm the situation. I usually receive items in 2 days, so after 2 weeks it's a bit unlikely. Oh well. Hopefully things will proceed smoothly from now on. All the best for now.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:21 PM

The longest I have ever waited for an item from Ebay was an O&R engine from the states. The seller did everything correct, no problems there. Unfortunately US postal service sent it to Honduras for some bizarre reason, Honduras Post kept it for an eon and then finally mailed it to me after two months. It appears they didn't like the claimed weight against the actual weight, a difference of a gram or two. That made no sense to me at all and I had given the engine up for dead. Fortunately the seller was very polite about it all and I didn't lose my cool, I knew it was either gone for good or caught up in someone's mail system.

The other bizarre incident was a Drone Diesel being sent to Port Moresby in New Guinea instead of Brisbane Australia. It was addressed correctly and when it finally arrived it had a note glued to it claiming that Port Moresby is not Brisbane. All very, very odd. Of the 200 (approx) items I have received from ebay sellers over the years I have not lost one. Not too bad when you think about it.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:44 AM

The plane kit has arrived safely in the end, so I apologise for being skeptical and impatient. Mods - feel free to delete this thread if desired

The kit looks well cut out so building is going to be rather straightforward. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:01 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Hey, make the most of it and show us the kit. From the ground up!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:09 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, now you are required to do a build thread!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:56 AM
My Feedback: (98)

FMK models

You have some cool kits there, nice change from the run of the mill stuff, (read ARFs), that we see so much of here in the USA. What a quaint idea they have in the UK, build the model yourself, I bet the Chinese hope that doesn't catch on in USA.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:00 AM

"Yes, now you are required to do a build thread"

Yup, rules are rules....
Dont forget- lots of pics in the Build Thread
Old 05-27-2006, 11:44 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll leave it be since it's a positive for FMK and shows that things can go wrong when no one is at fault. These days we are all so aware of scams and big emphasis being put on customer service that we can forget that many of our small suppliers in this hobby are just regular folks that run a small business as best they can in between trying to lead normal lives. Sometimes bad things happen to shipments and stuff and it's not uncommon for it to take as much as a month or so to get it all fixed up.

Obviously there's something to be learned on all fronts here. Regular daily or even twice daily checking of email or phone messages for the supplier as well as some patience on the part of the customers when things go wrong.

Anyhow..... I agree with the build thread idea. Probably best to start a new thread and let this one sink away. That helps keep the topics squared away.