Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
 VICMAN ON WEST COAST RAMPAGE!!! >

VICMAN ON WEST COAST RAMPAGE!!!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

VICMAN ON WEST COAST RAMPAGE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:11 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default VICMAN ON WEST COAST RAMPAGE!!!

Tensions were high, and diplomatic relations between East and West Coast 1/2A flyers were tested fully this week during VICMANS' whirlwind tour of the Seattle area. The first confrontation was between SR77 and VIC on Thursday, which led to a hotel roof top, whiskey fueled tall tale swapping session. I understand the meeting went well and without incident. Today, VIC made the pilgrimage up to my stomping grounds and we spent the entire day spraying the skies over Arlington with castor oil vapor trails, chasing crepe paper streamers and sending speed planes into hypersonic death dives. Too bad we had to cut the fun short, VIC had to catch a plane home, otherwise we would have stayed there and flown until we either ran out of fuel, out of day light, or until I could catch up to him in combat kills, which ever come first . [>:]!! VIC should be chiming in later with his version of the truth and with some pictures.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:56 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VICMAN ON WEST COAST RAMPAGE!!!

We were kinda hoping that youse-all West-Coasters would be able to enjoy his company for a while longer. But its no surprise that you sent him back.

You can imagine my joy at hearing of your attempt to isolate him from normal society on a hotel roof. Why didn't I ever think of that? Well, you have given me new hope.

I'm sure hearing his side of the story will be enlightening.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:36 PM

Raymond, it is kind of funny how when VIC drove up, it was like having family show up, he's a great guy and right of the bat I could see that he is not just a pen pal, but a brother. Vic speaks very highly of you, more like reverently, I can tell he sees you as a role model, you must be one outstanding individual. Too bad we couldn't have both, including SR77 spent the entire week goofing off, and playing streamer tag out in the hay field, but at least we all got a chance to spend some quality time together. Those are the moments in time that remind you that life is good.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Oh all right, I guess I'll have to admit that Vic's a pretty good guy - but don't let him know that I said so! He'll just get a swelled head and expect us to be nice to him.

But seriously, there are rare times when you meet someone with whom you are immediately comfortable. He's that kinda guy. As I've spent more time with him, particularly when there are no distractions like flying models, I've come to appreciate his many fine qualities even more. I do think it would be a good thing if there were more people like him around.

On the other hand, I won't feel too bad when Sheetface and I whip on him sometime less than ninety days from now.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:37 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright already the behind my back lovefest is over with!

Raymond you would have fallen off the roof trying to match the storytelling and Black Velvet reserve SR77 and I were engaged in. Plus it was waaaayyyy past your bed time. When we got done, err ran out, it was 2:30 body time. I hope SR made it home ok, I heard from him.[X(]

CP you have been the hands down best host the ambassador of the Carolina Crew has ever met!! From lunch to a jeep full (that is an understatement) of planes and refreshments to an open field with cool fullscales (I know you had nothing to do with that one) and a free plan, top secret I may add, it was an afternoon I will never forget. He got my cherry on diesel engines to boot.
First on the agenda he defines his experience with speed - no doubt he needs to get a number as a revver#! The only slow thing all day was the combat.
Hot deltas smoking it up and he tosses the sticks to me and walks over and sits down to watch! Crazy man!
Then he puts up the sickest 1/2a engine I have ever heard hooked up to "Greased Pigg" Wayyyy cool.
"Need a beer or something?" "Durn Sraight!"
Combat via .15 diesel and 48" fat daddy chord.
Round one my engine is on feeble idle, all I am able to do is catch the random thermal for lift and dive after him when he isn't looking. Yeah I cut him but it wasn't fair.
Round two. He got a right coast but kicken at the moment of engagement.
Roung three. We tangled (cause I was engaging BTW) and his shorter streamer desired to add length, award CP his only cut.

I had to get back to SEA and catch the silver bird home but not before a guided tour of his father's WWII scrap book as a pilot.

Albeit he is another illegitamate I have been awarded another brother.

Thank you Chuck and Jim

Vic

P.S. You will note in the pictures I am sworn to keep his face a secret[8D]
Only his wrist, the hairy one, and his CC hat are to be shown via the internet.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80175.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	486060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68905.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	486061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36961.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	486062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga77649.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	486063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj63943.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	486064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul79292.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	486065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rt33367.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	486066  
Old 07-03-2006, 01:14 AM

Sorry I'm a little late on chiming in here.. This "relaxing" four day weekend isn't just the about the 4th for us..it's my daughter's birthday and my wedding anniversary too[sm=bananahead.gif]

I made it home just fine Vic! It was the deluxe burgers I ate on the way the did me in though. Did you ever make it over to Dicks... if not you need to come back! I think I got 4hrs of sleep that night and then put 9 in at the shop on Friday. It was all worth it just to shake your hand and drink your whiskey. Too bad we did not have more time, it seemed like the stories were just getting going.

Well I'm glad you two slackers had a good time flying. Wish I could have been there but I have responsibilities you know... .
Old 07-03-2006, 10:18 AM

Jim, send a signal if you can work in an afternnon combat session down there, I'm off until at least Wednesday.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 AM

CP, Is my account at all close to the truth? I have been so sleep deprived I am not sure what is going on yet
Old 07-03-2006, 12:20 PM

Vic, you did a great job of wrapping up the whole day, it was the same version of what I saw too. [sometimes with combat, there is trouble deciding and agreeing on what just happened ]. Next time you're out here, I'll be sure to have fresh diesel, we were using last summers' dregs of the keg. You also did a great job with running on reserve energy after the long week of business conferences that you just went through. I've never done anything like that, but can imagine that it sucks the energy out of you when you're in that business environment. Glad I could offer you some relaxing, therapeutic planes to fly, and time to spend on a perfect day at the "Proving Grounds" [8D]
Old 07-03-2006, 01:43 PM

I keep thinking I should have tossed my clothes and found a way to stick that whip wannabe in my suitcase.
The TSI people were taking a close look at the handles on my bags. I kept thinking "how am I going to expalin nitro residue and be convincing?"
Also I forgot to mention that the Outlaw Stang in the pics is one of the sickest things in the sky!!![>:]
It is right there with Q500 stuff! An he wanted me to fly it[X(]. Shoot I needed a smoke after just watching it much less flyining that thing[sm=bananahead.gif]
And I don't even smoke!

I hope the few pointers on lathe operation have increased the quality of part you can make now too.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:28 PM
My Feedback: (5)

If there's one thing I'm sure of, we're all glad you didn't toss your clothes. That would cause anyone in the near vicinity to go blind and then who would build the cool airplanes?

BTW, it's TSA. Stands for Thousands Standing Around.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:20 PM

Vic, I thought about it after it was too late, I should have offered/ insisted that you took a quick shower before heading off to the airport. My hosting skills could use some refinement. Imagine spending all day in the hot sun getting sprayed with glow fuel, diesel stench, beer, then jumping on a cross country flight. I'll bet I can guess what the first thing was that you did when you first got home, and I'll bet your wife made sure that job #1 got done before job #2 ! [X(]
Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 PM

That would have been a good call, the little girl who sat next to me on the first hop didn't fall asleep on my shoulder like the one on the way out. I did take a little rest room refresher after I got past the wire. A little hefe viese after shave helped a little too.
Still waiting for job #2[&:]