Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
 Crew, who's coming to the swap meet? >

Crew, who's coming to the swap meet?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Crew, who's coming to the swap meet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crew, who's coming to the swap meet?

this Saturday at Fairchild park?....I'm sharing a table with Bob, that way we can both cruise around alittle instead of being stuck at the table...Bob pm coming....Rog
Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Crew, who's coming to the swap meet?

Pairing up like that is a great advantage for you both. Besides, Seems you need to take more measures against theft than we used to need to.
I read in a thread on another forum where some fellow at the AMA swap meet recently had, I think it was a .46 engine that a number of guys aked about but no one bought, then later someone came back and asked about it and it was dicovered missing... The seller was extremely angry! Understandably so.

It just isin't like it once was... It only takes one bad apple in 10,000 to really rain on ones parade. Having two brains and two sets of eyes will be an advantage over the single operator tables.

Guys, I am not trying to cast negativity over the event just saying keep a watchful eye. And make receipts!

Robert
Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides, Seems you need to take more measures against theft than we used to need to.
I've never had a problem with that in all the swaps I've been to but it always weighed heavy on my mind every time I left my table to go and browse. It is definitely a different world than it was years ago.

Mike
Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 PM

Raymond or a tablemate of his had a .40OS ripped off, but thats all I know of that has happened here, crowds havent been quite as large for the last couple of years (economy) , but I am bringing whole planes and kits, maybe one or 2 engines, and I think there will be 3 of us at the tables this year....Rog
Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 PM
My Feedback: (180)

I'm bringing a big wad of cash. (And my truck)
Old 01-21-2010, 01:55 PM

there will be helium balloons at our table, I already asked permission and they said yes,,, so look for us Jeff....Rog
Old 01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
My Feedback: (7)

I'll be there with a table also. Stop by and see me.

Brian
Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 PM
My Feedback: (8)

OK Rog, Brian, and Bob... any deals you wanna let go BEFORE the swap meet..???????

I won't know until tomorrow if I can make it... will post for sure tomorrow night... or I might just show up tomorrow night.. LOL

Dan
Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry but I have to get my work ride back in driving shape and won't make it. I'm not sure if Seth is going or not.[&:]
Old 01-23-2010, 07:06 PM

Score!!Bob and I started to set up 7ish friday night a guy I have flown with a couple of times came up and said I have a bag of cox engines and some small kit, I'll bring em and you can see if you want them....this morning first thing he hands me a bag with a goldberg control line stunt man kit, 2 black widows a golden bee and an older product engine a couple backplates several engine mounts a couple glow heads and a td tank mount..$10!,,I bought Firemans wee stick, 2 battery's...sold 4 arf's and 4 kits...made out ok...Rog
Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Yep Rog scored big time right in front of me!!!! I can beleive it!!! Well I did not score any 1/2A stuff but did get a pitch gauge for the pylon racers and a like new OS.25FX for $20.00.

Deadstik, you should have been there. Ron Weaver from down my way purged his vintage pattern kits!! Several Flight glass kits, A Candy with fiberglass fuse, a Kwik Fli glass fuselage kit, and about 15 kits I remember the fuselage but not the name. The largest vintage pattern collections I've seen in some time!! Dirt cheap I heard!!

There were some good buys but I was determined not to buy anything that I was not going to use in the next year!!!!

Bob Harris
Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 AM

Rog, the only table I saw with balloons was the King RC table.

I didn't see too many deals this year. Where was the guy with the HUGE collection of 1/2a stuff that was there last year?

I did manage to spend some money. I bought an old Tiger Tail kit and an excellent HB PDP .61.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:33 AM

Jeff, you could not have missed us. We were the first 3 tables on the right as soon as you walked in the door!!

Bob Harris
Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 AM

No doubt Rog got a sweet score there ( lucky dawg) I`m going to see if there are any swapmeets in my area , the only thing even remotely nearby is the toledo show , and thats a long haul for me but I may try to hit it for the first time this year out of curiosity and desperation!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: BobHH

Jeff, you could not have missed us. We were the first 3 tables on the right as soon as you walked in the door!!

Bob Harris
You musta snuck in the back door, serious, we were right behind the guys hawking raffle tickets, and one of us was there all the time, I didnt leave until 12:45..Bob left about 12:30 I had 1/2 a dozen balloons up most of the day.....Rog
Old 01-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Jaspur X, I beleive they have a swapmeet in Lebanon? PA Coming up soon?

Bob Harris
Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Had a great time at the BARKS Swap meet as usual - definitely one of the best in the area. Arrived right at 7am with many people still setting up their tables and left around 10:30am.

Started right in by heading to Joe's table off to the left (where he and his wife always camp out). He must have be an old freeflighter since he always has great kits, books, timers, servos and of course Cox engines. I bought (5) Medallion .049's, (3) Killer Bees and (3) Babe Bee .049's with the Jr. Texaco tanks attached. He keeps them in great shape and many are brand spanking new.

Found a new in box Cox Space Hopper .049 with the only item missing being the spinner. I attached one of my TD .049 spinners no problem. Paid $75 which is an ok price, but I have been wanting one of these for a long time so snatched it up quickly. On the bay these are outrageous making them untouchable for me.

Came across a K&B .40 w/ pump (used) and an Aurora Torpedo Rear Carb .40 new in box that I bought just for curiosity sake. Will call Rainedav to see if he has some time to run these.... curious what they will do. I had a plain old K& .40 in a Sig Kadet MKII when I learned to fly in high school. Always frustrated me when the engine backfired with the whole spinner assembly and prop falling to the ground. I heard a cooler plug helps this situation from occuring (or similar).

Oh, picked up a great find for my 1/6 scale Concept Fleet Biplane kit... A set of (6) Williams Brothers 1/5 scale Wright J5 cylinders for $10. Hard to pass them up for this model. Also came across a Fultz nose gear for cheap along with some 2 1/4" Williams Bros. wheels for $3.

The T-38 I bought on the cheap is from a partially built kit that I have in mind to finish as a static model to in the boys room. It is huge (long)... I have always had a spot in my heart for the T-38, probably one of the sexiest jets in my mind eventhough it is just a trainer.... The Thunderbirds or '76 color scheme is by far the best.

Bought the Harbor Freight Biplane and Traildragger model for my boys... they fly really well and keep the boys occupied for hours at a time. Amazing how good they get in trimming them to fly properly. Most of the damage is done inside when they are dropped, squished, etc.

Caught up with Rog, Bob and Brian there. Missed not seeing Raymond, David and Vic but understand life's busyness.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37987.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1363783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh18964.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1363784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19616.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1363785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey69640.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1363786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zl70087.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1363787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tk76891.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1363788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bd65673.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1363789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ba91535.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	1363790  

Old 01-24-2010, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

ORIGINAL: BobHH

Bob Harris

You musta snuck in the back door, serious, we were right behind the guys hawking raffle tickets, and one of us was there all the time, I didnt leave until 12:45..Bob left about 12:30 I had 1/2 a dozen balloons up most of the day.....Rog
Well I guess I did see you guys there, I just didn't realize it was you. I was looking for the same set-up you had last year. It was pretty packed when we came in so we didn't spend much time at those first couple rows.
Did you guys have an Upstart and a GLH for $25 each?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, looks and sounds like you did quite well. I have one of those K&B with the Perry carp and Perry pump NIB and have no use for it. Just taking up space here.

Guys, You would think the announcement of the balloons at your table would be enough to help you to stand out in that crowd! I am trying to think of some way to improve this...

Robert
Old 01-25-2010, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

ORIGINAL: flyinrog
Well I guess I did see you guys there, I just didn't realize it was you. I was looking for the same set-up you had last year. It was pretty packed when we came in so we didn't spend much time at those first couple rows.
Did you guys have an Upstart and a GLH for $25 each?
Those were mine, yeah.....Rog