Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

parkzone typhoon

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone typhoon

Has any one flown a parkzone typhoon? Im not getting one anytime soon but if i get some positive feedback about thtyphoon i might consider saving up for one. Any help at all would really be good. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 PM

Default RE: parkzone typhoon

I have never seen one yet,but i to was thinking about one untill i read the specs pretty heavy plane
Old 02-03-2006, 09:01 PM

Got one sitting over there <------- Anyhoo, it flys well. It is aerobatic and it will hover. Great roll rate. It is heavy compared to others, however for a 100% turn key airplane, the Typhoon does well.

I like the Mustang 10 times more than the Typhoon.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:01 PM

I have about 100 flights on mine & overall I think it's a good plane for the money. It is capable of 3D with the stock setup but the servo's tend to strip out on high rates. (at least in my experience).
It's fairly durable in the sense that I've had some pretty hard hit's where it kept on flying or was easily repaired with some CA or tape. I completely pile-drove it once at near full speed & it cost me about 40 bucks for a new fuse & motor mount & I was back in business.
I personally use it as a sport/aerobatic plane and mostly fly it on low rates & have had no servo problems in quite a while.

I have read threads where owners are upgrading the servo's to Hitec's (for about $60) & it does a lot better.

Tony
Old 02-03-2006, 09:50 PM

thanks a lot! how fast is its vertical flight and at what power does it hover. im thinking of getting the typhoon as a 3d trainer and im try to gather up as much info as possible.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: passionatepilot

thanks a lot! how fast is its vertical flight and at what power does it hover. im thinking of getting the typhoon as a 3d trainer and im try to gather up as much info as possible.
with the 3D prop I'd say hover is between 1/2 & 3/4 throttle (never really paid attention) when the battery is fresh. Obviously it changes as the battery wears down. I often launch it straight up from my hand & it climbs with a decent amount of authority. It's not a rocket ship by any means but it's adequate. (I'm sure the lipo is better)
I'll admit that I don't do much hang from the prop 3D with it so the others can probably give you better advice.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM

Have you got your own TX if so any of the flat out foames would be better cheaper anyway
Old 02-03-2006, 11:41 PM

im glad to here all this because i heard that parkzone sometimes make some dodgy models but it turns out that the typhoons a real success. I must of got a mental blank or something but whats TX short for again?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 PM

radio i think most of the park zone stuff comes with a transmitter if you really think your going to get into 3d the last thing you want is another radio and more nicades save your money for a good transmitter and a brushless motor that you can swap around into other planeslater on cheers ps- wher abouts in melb
Old 02-03-2006, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: passionatepilot

im glad to here all this because i heard that parkzone sometimes make some dodgy models but it turns out that the typhoons a real success. I must of got a mental blank or something but whats TX short for again?
To be completely honest, you get what you pay for & the $200 typhoon isn't a $500 plane, but considering it's an RTF & has everything you need, I think it's a very good plane for the money & fun to fly. My biggest complaint is the Servo's stripping.

A buddy of mine has a 3 channel Cub & he hates it because it's hard for him to fly. My 11 year old son has a $50 2 channel (not parkzone) & he doesn't like it very much either because it's hard for him to fly. They both love my Typhoon mostly because it's a 4 channel.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:04 AM

im going to by a 6 channel hitec or futaba radio and ill brobably also get a brushless motor with the transmitter. I think ill get the typhoon plug'n'play to save me some money and to have some better quality stuff such as a lippo battery. By the way, do any of you know how much the typhoon plug n play costs?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:10 AM

Ive only seen the p51 and stryker here in oz
Old 02-04-2006, 12:14 AM

i know. i was looking for the typhoon (not to buy it) in a hobby shop but i coudnt seem to find one. i thought they might have just been out of stock or something.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:39 AM

what planes have you got beaggs? where abouts do you fly em round here?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:56 AM

Passionate pilot ilive on 3 acers in the central gibbsland area a fair way from where you are i mostly fly at home i have a mate two doors up he also 3 acers with planes and helis if you look at the thread black horse extra 300s youl see what i fly in the pics i got adicted pretty quick and loveing it cheers
Old 02-04-2006, 01:54 AM

its a nice looking plane! i'll get the typhoon plug n play version, learn of that and maybe also get an extra. i know there usually fuel but was this one electric?
Old 02-04-2006, 02:02 AM

yea it was elec to begin with iv only just started fly the extra iv done about six month on the lighter no so expensive jobs the ones that are hanging on the wall i found the extra being abigger and heavea plane much easyer now after doing time on the lightewr stuff
Old 02-04-2006, 04:21 AM

if i get a 6 channel radio how many planes would i be able to fly with it? because im first getting a cessna skylane arf then the mustang and then the typhoon. after that i might go into something more advanced such as the funtana or an extra
Old 02-04-2006, 08:43 AM
My Feedback: (14)

the parkzone typhoon is a really nice plane for the money........i did change the servos before flying mine and have had no problem with the plane. well worth the money...[8D]
Old 02-04-2006, 12:49 PM

if you have a look around the hitek eclips 7 you will pick up for around 400 dollers with a few goodyes 4-sevos ,recever.When i got mine i had my LHS swap the 4 bigsevos for 6 hs-55 he also swaped the 8 channel rec for 2 -4 channel rec ,the eclips-7 you will store 7 planes in it
Old 02-04-2006, 05:30 PM

i was thinking of doing something along those lines. do you by any chance know exatli which bits are missing from the plug'n'play?
and also, does the typhoon have micro servos or just normal ones?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:07 PM

Passionpilot sorry but i havent read up much on the typhoon what do the mean by plug /play dose that mean it allreadyhas sevos and rec
Old 02-04-2006, 11:26 PM

no worries. i looked it up myself. it would actually cost atleast 100 oz bucks more if i bi the plug n play[&o]. the typhoon costs $429 oz at rtf version.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:03 AM
My Feedback: (1)

The plug and play version only needs a tx and rx and battery. It has the brushless motor, speed control and servos already installed. I liked the P/P version because I would rather use my 9C instead of the cheapo tx that comes with it. If you have a 3c lipo and charger lying around along with a tx and mini rx you will be in good shape. You can use the 9 cell nimh but make sure you have a charger that will charge 9 cells. You would have to spend money on a charger that will.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:08 AM

i dont have a spare anything lying around. if i had those things i would bye the plug n play straight away. anyhow, im going to bye another plane before the typhoon so ill see how i go. i will definately by lipo batteries though. is the stock set up charger compatible with lipos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.