Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

3-d today!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 05:23 PM
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3-d today!!

I just wanted to say today was the best day I have had as far as hovering goes. Got my Typhoon and my Yak about 3 feet off the ground and held it longer than I ever have before. Even got a torque roll in. No biggie to some but a huge deal to me since I'm just learning this stuff. I'm feeling good!!
Good flying to you all.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:51 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: 3-d today!!

great job... now the addictive stuff will begin... blenders,flatspins, torque rollin' tail taps... your addicted...just give in...
Old 04-09-2006, 06:34 PM

I hear you. I do blenders and flat spins both upright and inverted already but the darn hovering was given me a problem but getting better now thanks to G-3 and practice with the real thing.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:22 PM
My Feedback: (3)

wow .. the flatspin is the last thing i got "right" ... so whats next for you .. you know there are 100's of variations to all these moves ...right?... hehe... the madness will never end...
Old 04-09-2006, 10:21 PM

Nop it never does
Old 04-09-2006, 10:24 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Hi I am trying to learn about 3D. Where can you go to read how to do the different manuvers like hovering etc.?
Thank you,
Joe
Old 04-09-2006, 10:42 PM

Hi jda3
There you may search mags or books to learn somethin to do 3d but one of the best things you con do is see videos and see how the tail and wing surfaces move to mantain the airplane in a hover, you also need to choose a good engine or electric motor with a large diameter and a low pitch, the engine must be the bigger recomended by the airplaneĀ“s mfg.. you should try a
U-CAN-DO 3D .46 with a O.S. 50 SX and a 12x4 prop or with a Surpass 70 with a 14x4 prop both engines will give you the performance to do 3D if you will try to do some 3D use also a radio with expos as this make the feel on the sticks more smooth with the high rates on.

Try it you will got lots of fun

See ya and good luck with your flying.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:59 PM

Hey,

I know that www.3dfoamy.com has an page that talks how to do manoeuvers and walks through with you.

Hope that helps

LeBlanc
Old 04-10-2006, 07:22 AM

I think I'll keep practicing hovering. I need to do some mixing with my radio for knife edge flight. My planes don't want to fly straight at all. I know what to do with my radio but have'nt done it. This is a blast for sure. I'm charging batteries and heading out again this morning. I have 3 days off and plane on flying a bunch.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:37 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Theres also teamflyingcirkus.com and flyinggiants.com and 3dbatix.com.

Try this, this is my own manuever, as far as I know I invented it. It works best with overpowered flat foam planes, especially bipes. From a hover or a slow vertical climb (be sure you have altitude) slam full left aileron and rudder, followed by full down elevator after about 1/4-1/3 roll. The plane will transfer into the flattest inverted flat spin you've ever seen, but without the downward intertia caused by a blender or regular spin entry. With about hover power it will hold altitude, and you can reduce throttle to lower it to knee height without any worries. To get out, give it opposite aileron and neutral on everything else.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:39 AM

It only gets better after this stage. took me a while with the hovering stuff. you get those days when things just fall int place and it starts seeming easy. let the fun begin
ORIGINAL: sb13

I just wanted to say today was the best day I have had as far as hovering goes. Got my Typhoon and my Yak about 3 feet off the ground and held it longer than I ever have before. Even got a torque roll in. No biggie to some but a huge deal to me since I'm just learning this stuff. I'm feeling good!!
Good flying to you all.