Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
 E-flite Ultimate 3d, or tribute? >

E-flite Ultimate 3d, or tribute?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-flite Ultimate 3d, or tribute?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite Ultimate 3d, or tribute?

Hi, I really want a nice little foamy that I can fly right near my house. I've looked at these two planes, both look good, but I'm just unsure as to which one! I'm leaning towards the Ultimate, but not quite positive. I just wanted to know which one has better flight characteristics, best built, easiest to hover. I've read a lot of threads here, but I'm still not sure. I heard the Ultimate needs some rudder input for turns, is that true? Thanks.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:50 PM

Default RE: E-flite Ultimate 3d, or tribute?

The Tribute is easy to hover; most biplanes need rudder to turn. Actually, I think that most foamies need rudder to turn. I'm really not a big fan of either of those planes. For flying in front of my house I use the www.rcxplanes.com Allure or my E-flite Byp Yak. The Allure is much more agile, but I really like bipes and the Yak currently is my favorite bipe.

Bob
Old 10-19-2006, 05:19 PM

well i have the eflite ultimate 3d (profile) foamy and its not that bad of a plane. it was one of my first planes and it can take a beating. only thing i didnt like about it was that for me to get enough power to hover and pull out of a hover, i needed to run a 3cell lipo with the 370 outrunner motor i put on it. the lighter the plane, usually is better. especially for hovering and such.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:04 AM

Well I made my decision....I just won a Katana S from ebay. Came with 3 hs 55's, lipo, Katana kit, e-flite 370 brushless motor, castle creations ESC, plus a nano reciever, 2 props, prop adapter, and 2 crystals. 200 bucks for all good deal?