Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
How fast can your plane Waterfall? >

How fast can your plane Waterfall?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

How fast can your plane Waterfall?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 12:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How fast can your plane Waterfall?

What plane is it, and how fast does it go over the top? One per second? A second and a half? My planes take what seems like too much. About 2 1/2 to 3 seconds to go all the way over, but they are 8 to 10 pound planes. My old fun fly seemed (rightly so) to do it much faster. How fast is it supposed to be?
Old 07-26-2002, 07:32 PM

How fast the tail will come over depends on so many things I don't think this question can be answered to any value. My 87" Laser takes about 1.5 seconds from straight-up to straight-up, my 78" Hurricane is a little slower about 2 seconds, my 60" Cap will blow them both away, it can come around faster than the throttle will respond, and so far I've only been able to do 3 in a row without falling out. Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2002, 07:41 PM
My Feedback: (506)

9.8 m/s
Old 07-26-2002, 07:46 PM

A true waterfall is not about flipping over as fast as you can. I f you watch Quique or Christophe perform this maneuver, they typiclly go over the top and then allow the plane to fall in an inverted elevator attitude before catching it with the throttle and returning to the upright hover position.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:37 PM
My Feedback: (1)

As far as Quique and friends, I thought that was just due to the inertia of a large plane. I saw a pilot flying a 1/4 H9 Cap that went over very fast. He did it shortly after take off, and it looked really good right over the threshold of the runway. I've never had a plane, including a couple of fun flys, that went over that fast. I guess his CG was back near his tail wheel. I'd guess my Ultimate takes 3 seconds at 45 degrees of throw. Maybe my CG needs to go back some more.
Old 07-28-2002, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a homebuilt foamy that'll do em pretty quick. Maybe 1 per second or even faster. Prolly faster.

But I like slow waterfalls personally. The look much nicer to myself. It's neet to get em to flop over real slow and extremely precise.

But anyhow. Real fast. LOL And they look pretty sloppy.

Josh