Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

Brushless/ESC Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless/ESC Help!

I just got into 3D and the world of brushless. I got a 1050kv it's similar to the Hacker A20 and a tower power 15A ESC (it came with another brushless i have). My motor is rated 4-12A with 15A peak and i'm using an apogee 11.1v that has 10A constant and 15A Burst for 5 sec.

The motor ran fine when i first set it up, i put a 12 X 3.8 prop on it and let it run for a minute and then it sundenly stopped. now it won't kick back in. it jerks back and forth (like it's trying to spin) and then makes a loud screeching/static sound. it's almost like the poles aren't getting proper power.

Is this problem related to the ESC getting burnt out or is it something else? Any Information would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:02 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Brushless/ESC Help!

Hmm, I had a bad motor and that is what it did. Might be a tad to large of a prop and too small of an esc..
Old 06-16-2006, 01:04 PM

thanks for the reply.

it does it without the prop on as well. so i'm confused. the motor hasn't gotten hot before. just warm but the ESC gets a little hot.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:05 PM

Id say the motor or esc is toast.. can you try another motor on that esc, or another esc on that motor? That will tell ya.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:23 PM

yeah, i tried a 1750kv bell type that i had and it's doing the same thing. i might have fried the ESC now that i think of it. the 1750 brushless that the ESC came with is 7.4v for 2 cell lipos and the new one is 11.1v 3-cell. i don't know too much about the ESC i'd have to check when i get home.

i'm still trying to learn about ESC's and what the differences are. But as long as it can handle the AMPs the battery puts off and the number of cells i assumed it be alright. the only other motor i have is brushed but the two brushless' i've hooked up to the ESC have worked and then went out.

what type of ESC would you recommend for the hacker A20, 4-12A continuous, 15A max and an apogee 3-cell 11.1v 10A 15A max?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:25 PM

I use the hacker x20 exc with their 20L motors