Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

first foamy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first foamy?

not sure if i should do it yet. but i am going to make a 55" extra 330. i have about 3,000 hours on the sim. and can do tons of munuvers, but not sure if i can do it. it going to have an airfoil and have a boxed fuse. what do you guys think.........
Old 02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: first foamy?

What kind of weight are you shooting for? What kind of motor set up are you looking to use? I have always found that the foamies are alot more fun (and forgiving) the lighter you can make them. The lighter the airframe you can make the less battery you will need, this in turn lessons the weight even more and you have a win/win! The boxed fuse will make it heavier but will also allow it to fly slower especially on down lines. Definitely go with an airfoil type wing if you can. It helps to eliminate the hunting usually associated with foamies at high speed. I say go for it. Why not? Trial and error will bring along something that will work for you eventually. Post some pics when you are done.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 PM

its really my first foam model so i dont now how much it will weigh. people on rcgroups have a 45" crop duster witha lot of scale things to it si i know mine will fly. what motor do you guys recomend?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:04 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Depends on what performance you are looking for. I have a 47 inch superextra and it came in at 16 oz ready to fly. I am using a hacker A20-20L and a 2100 mah 3 cell lipo battery. The flight performance is unbelievable. It will hover at about 1/4 throttle and has ballistic verticle performance. I am using an APC 10x4.7 slow fly prop. I would have to say that this motor combo would work with an airframe up to 25 oz and still have outstanding performance. If you log onto hacker motors website they have recommendations that they can offer for the size and weight of the airframe. I would recommend this set up to anyone. I have had zero concerns and my flighttimes are 18 minutes on one charge. Of course I do not use full throttle very much so that helps. Since your airframe will be larger and most likely heavier you might want to go with a little more powerful set up. You can always throttle back!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

depends on weight, youll notice my planes are lighter than anyone elses out there, yet are strong!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 PM

i was trying to buy a plane but your website went all wacked on me....