Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying! > 3DFoamy Support
 new nose...anyone have to make one? >

new nose...anyone have to make one?

Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

new nose...anyone have to make one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new nose...anyone have to make one?

Got a problem with my superXtra. Have flown my super a few times and have a major problem....the nose won't survive a crash into a light post, (took a couple carbon strips and CA to repair), a nose dive, unpowered into the ground.) and finally after repairing that. I was flying doing a rolling circle and was so surprised that I actually did this, smacked a tree....when if fell out, though that I could recover and powered nose first into the ground......can you believe this? The nose was crushed!

If you can't tell I'm being very sarcastic. So, anyone rebuild a nose? What did you do,

So, far I had to cut everything away from the wing forward on the horizontal and the 2mm sides of the vertical. What I need is a good way to repair the damage. Sounds obvious...but I'd like some ideas.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:42 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: new nose...anyone have to make one?

you could probably graft a piece of 6mm on the front, itll be a bit shy of the rest of the planes width, but should get the job done!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new nose...anyone have to make one?

If it is Depron - it is easy. I graft new noses onto 3d foamy's as long as the rest of the plane is still viable. I have templates of all my foamy's and I will cut out just enough to replace the damge. I start by squaring off all the damge back to good depron however far that is. I then attach the vertical nose piece with 5 min epoxy and align with a 3'ruler and 4' level. I then add the side pieces. Don't try to cut the side pieces perfect first try... leave them long and dry fit and mark where they need to be cut to match the existing sides. Line the side peices up with the ruler/level and 5 min epoxy them. When done repaint and it is surprising how good the plane will fly and look with a new nose.

best of luck

dan