Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

head tracker

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head tracker

I have a 900 Mhz cam / tx mounted in a Pawnee 25. I am able to control the cam with my Spectrum DX7 TX .BUT, I want to be able to control the cam with a head tracker, I'm told a head tracker is notcompatiblewith the DX7. Does anyone know of a way to use a head tracker to control the cam other than buying a new transmitter? I have several transmitters from RTF kits, could one of them be used to transmit the signal to a cam only receiver in the plane?Any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:42 PM

Default RE: head tracker

Here is a head tracker that you might like, but I am not sure if it works with your DX7. You should check with the Hobbyking customer support: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._contactUs.asp

They have a online chat possibility, probably open later in the evening.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM

I am told the head tracker can be controlled from a second transmitter, problem is how to connect the head tracker cable to the TX. The trackers I have checked on plug into the buddy port of the Futaba TX .
Old 09-03-2010, 01:08 PM

You can use a 2nd transmitter, but that means a 2nd receiver (and battery maybe) on your plane. You will have to connect it to the buddy port of the second transmitter.

Btw, I forgot posting the link to the head tracker I referred to: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=10994

Edit: The 2nd transmitter should be on a different frequency than the first TX, no problem if you are using 2.4GHz or mix with 72MHz.