Community
Search
Notices
Airplanes - All types View all types of airplane ads here. Includes Kits, ARC''s, ARF''s, and RTF

1/4-scale Balsa USA Cub

Search this Thread

Old Today, 07:52 PM
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4-scale Balsa USA Cub

Hi Everyone,

Selling a Balsa USA Cub that I purchased last year from a fellow in Massachusetts. Great build quality and a great flying model- lightly built, great power combination with the OS 160 Twin, sound, power, and feel are all phenomenal! The only reason I'm selling it is to make room for another purchase, otherwise it would stay in the fleet.

When I purchased this aircraft, I went through the model from the front of the cowling back. I did replace the on-board glow system (it is using an Electro Dynamics glow system which is extremely convenient, no glow starter equipment necessary, the on-board glow is on a switch and a mix will ensure that it is not active when the throttle stick is about 20% or so in power), receiver, and receiver battery. Also, I changed the receiver switch, placement of the receiver switch, and changed the mount for the throttle servo.

Another neat item is that the model features a Robart scale landing gear. Hitec servos throughout, a Spektrum DSMX receiver (I believe it is an 8-channel receiver, will confirm if needed), and a Spektrum LiFe 2-cell battery for the receiver battery.

I've been running the FT-160 Gemini on 15%, super reliable and again, a perfect match for the aircraft.

Take a look at the images, a lot of scale details exist like rib stitching, hidden servos, "dummy" aileron linkages (while the real linkage is mainly within the wing), handles, caps, etc. Seat is removeable to access the receiver and on-board glow battery. Personally, I always remove batteries while charging so having access was a must.

Will drive an hour from Boston, MA, for delivery. If you're a Spektrum user, will include my radio setup so you can truly bind the model, fuel it up, and go fly!

Reach out with any questions. The asking price includes everything minus the transmitter and fuel. Simply bind and go. Note, the engine alone now, goes for over $1400, new.

Asking price, $1250. Offers welcome!

Thanks for looking,
John