Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 Why does the AMA have to grow? >

Why does the AMA have to grow?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Why does the AMA have to grow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:17 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why does the AMA have to grow?

The cost of a lawyer in a criminal trial is easily $30K. A civil trial, then double it. Lawyers and professionals needed to negotiate with those that would restrict our hobby are costly. Never has our hobby been under more scrutinty by the Federal government than today due to the terror threat. And just who is working with the bureaucrats that would restrict r/c? The individual or clubs? Nope. Primarily the AMA. This activity is not cheap. We are not talking about a bunch of staffers sitting on their tush at headquarters. I for one don't want to find myself restricted to flying a 24" electric in the future or finding notams so restrictive a lawyer need interpret them. Nope, I'm happy to pay my dues and in return I'm getting one hell of a value from the AMA. I'm hoping when the economy takes a turn we will see membership increase.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: pilotchute
And just who is working with the bureaucrats that would restrict r/c?
The AMA sat in on an ARC/FAA meeting and sent a letter.
They sent a letter to the FCC on the new Part 95 regs, they didn't even mention keeping FM frequencies.
Such hard work.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: dbcisco
The AMA sat in on an ARC/FAA meeting and sent a letter.
They sent a letter to the FCC on the new Part 95 regs, they didn't even mention keeping FM frequencies.
Such hard work.
This is about the third or fourth time I seen you post this statement. Do you have ANY idea what's required to review a change to the federal regulations, and try to determine what unintended consequences it might have? Do you REALIZE that the APPROPRIATE METHOD for COMMENTING on PROPOSED CHANGES to Federal Regulations is EXACTLY what the AMA did? Do you have any idea how much time AMA members WORKED on the ARC with the FAA? That committee met over a TWO YEAR period. They didn't just sit in on one meeting.

Stop this crap. Get the H- out of the AMA if it offends you so much. AND STOP belittling the efforts that are being made in good faith by those willing to serve on your behalf.

Brad
Old 10-02-2010, 05:10 PM

Great. Thanks, Brad. Why those fools must keep slamming the AMA is a wonder.

Dick
Old 10-02-2010, 05:26 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great post brad ,i just told him the same thing on a different thread about the same post he made. joe
Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 PM

Be careful guys.........next we'll be hearing how "our" ( the "old farts" ) bad attitude is chasing away new members.....not the BS propaganda being spewed here......Noooo THAT doesn't turn anybody against the AMA!! Only us posting the good things the AMA does............
Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that is funny. lol joe
Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 PM

Sometimes I crack MYSELF up, and NOT just my planes......
Old 10-04-2010, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10045601
Old 10-04-2010, 09:16 AM

Propaganda? If it weren't for the"old guys" the punks pissing and moaning all the time would be only flying planes with wind up rubber motors. But that wouldn't work for those that can't count past ten.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 AM

SORRY pilotchute, but you got one big thing wrong....not only would they "be only flying planes with wind up rubber motors." THEY wouldn't even BE if it wasn't for "the old guys"..........!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:12 AM
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: tinner1

Be careful guys.........next we'll be hearing how ''our'' ( the ''old farts'' ) bad attitude is chasing away new members.....not the BS propaganda being spewed here......Noooo THAT doesn't turn anybody against the AMA!! Only us posting the good things the AMA does............
I could relay a story about how old guard AMA clubbers would sit out at a local RC park to turn away non-AMA members and/or non-club members...That was truly the dark ages around here...
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM

littlecrankshaf...sorry to hear this. Not good. You used the past tense. Has the situation changed? If so, why? If not, is it the same old?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: pilotchute

littlecrankshaf...sorry to hear this. Not good. You used the past tense. Has the situation changed? If so, why? If not, is it the same old?
Yes, things have changed...for now but the old guard are re-doubling their efforts. The new strategy consists of extreme AMA politicking to entrench themselves among like minded sympathizers.

Believe it or not there is a very real agenda of some to make AMA a prerequisite to enjoying this hobby...
Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 AM

LCS you used "past tense" when you made your reference to the "old guard" turning away people, so it probably is not an issue anymore. Personally I would have contacted the city officials and reported them for harrassing visitors to the park, and at 60 I'm probably what you youngens refer to as the "old guard". There are laws about such things, and I'm sure the city would not have taken "their" side.....And really, you have to admit that you are siting an example that exists in your area by that group, and I would have to say again I have never witnessed any such tactics personally. I'm NOT questioning that it does happen around your area, but I am questioning it being a trend everywhere.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 AM

Believe it or not there is a very real agenda of some to make AMA a prerequisite to enjoying this hobby...
Which is the crux of the hate around here.
Some of us feel the AMA is good, and can be better,
while some feel their clique is more the AMA than muncie is. They follow AMAs policies when it suits them, and freely will create policies claiming them to be AMAs. Very prominent examples are the folks opposing me over paintball, and the guys that denied the Conflict of Interest. Their will to create hate has them reverse what they say just to be able to oppose more of us Fixers... like being FOR forced bundling to oppose me and then being AGAINST forced bundling just to oppose CTrout. The old guards agenda has mutated from a set of ideals, to simply a party of opposition to anything and everything we say.... even when we say what muncie says.

Its amazing to see all the hate spewed at PPP (as belittlement of a certain ppp guy)
yet where was all that anti-PPP sentiment from those guys in 07 to 09 when the folks against PPP were getting hated on?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 AM

And really, you have to admit that you are siting an example that exists in your area by that group, and I would have to say again I have never witnessed any such tactics personally. I'm NOT questioning that it does happen around your area, but I am questioning it being a trend everywhere.
Well... "trend" may not be an applicable term but to some extent many clubs have the persuasion to adversely or otherwise acquire public property and actively exclude non-AMAers or non-club members.

The AMA currently has nothing, to my knowledge, that educate clubs how to develop a situation were both AMA and non-AMA can exist at a site together. Actually, everything I have read seems to suggest otherwise...YMMV...
Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 AM

I could relay a story about how old guard AMA clubbers would sit out at a local RC park to turn away non-AMA members and/or non-club members
LCS you used "past tense" when you made your reference to the "old guard" turning away people, so it probably is not an issue anymore.
just a reminder:
AMA members were, and still are, welcome to fly at rogue fields and streetflying places.

Who is promoting the hobby, and who is promoting their publishing company?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:09 AM

Depressing to even hear of this kind of thing. Like tinner1, I've never seen anything like what you describe, littlecrankshaf. Always the opposite, and then most seem like they can't do enough for you. Sorry to hear of the situation. How far to another club? Fighting the hierarchy as tinner1 suggests is the right thing to do...Good luck, and let us know how goes it.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
The AMA currently has nothing, to my knowledge, that educate clubs how to develop a situation were both AMA and non-AMA can exist at a site together. Actually, everything I have read seems to suggest otherwise...YMMV...
That is subject for another thread, yes, the AMA has set precident: AMA only.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 PM

Cisco
you left out the VERY important part, as seen in AMA texts-
SHOULD be AMA only
Old 10-05-2010, 01:17 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: dbcisco
That is subject for another thread, yes, the AMA has set precident: AMA only.
The AMA says AMA chartered clubs members only.Not flying sites. Huge difference.

As I have said many times before, there is only one entity that can make/not make a flying site AMA only and that is the person or entity that owns the land.

Ask LCS.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

Like I said. This is subject for another (very long) thread, getting off topic here.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:53 PM

Well... "trend" may not be an applicable term but to some extent many clubs have the persuasion to adversely or otherwise acquire public property and actively exclude non-AMAers or non-club members.
LCS,
You keep harping on how the AMA members are so he** bent on mandating AMA membership and taking over "public" lands, at the risk of you going bullistic on me could you please elaborate on the specific problems you and your club have had with AMA members and sharing a "public" field? I remember reading quite a bit about problems that were incountered in your area of Texas with another club over flying sites. I think since not many, if any posters, have seen the same situation, a little more details would be refreshing. I don't want to spread non-factual information, but if memory serves me correctly, there is far more to the story you keep posting about how "bad" the AMA guys are?! There was something about starting another club and using the same GPS location or something. I think explaining the situation would be more fair, pro and CON, in this AMA discussion. Right now you have painted the AMA guys in a pretty dark color....
Old 10-05-2010, 02:56 PM

I don't want to spread non-factual information, but if memory serves me correctly, there is far more to the story you keep posting about how ''bad'' the AMA guys are?! There was something about starting another club and using the same GPS location or something. I think explaining the situation would be more fair, pro and CON, in this AMA discussion. Right now you have painted the AMA guys in a pretty dark color....
Let's not do that. There have been prior threads about it here, no reason to dig it up it here where it has little or nothing to do with "Why does the AMA have to grow?" No reason except possibly that you got a PM from a malicious ex-participant of the forum prompting you to stir it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.