Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Another dues increase coming? >

Another dues increase coming?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another dues increase coming?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 03:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another dues increase coming?

I wonder how many folks noticed two sentences, buried in the middle of the far right column of the CFO's page, in the July 2021 Model Aviation? On page 102, the AMA CFO states:

"The last AMA dues increase was in 2016. It had been 13 years since the previous increase."

He spends the rest of the article saying how great AMA is doing financially, so why the sentences about a dues increase? Are things looking good only because of paycheck protection loans? Perhaps, given that one of AMA's biggest expenses is that staff. And despite having only half the members they had a decade or so ago, the size of that staff has not changed. So it's not unreasonable to think that without those government loans, things might not be so rosy - and now the sentences make a lot more sense.

I think the CFO is beginning to prep members for a dues increase. If we start seeing other EC members mentioning dues, inflation, etc., then that will confirm it's coming.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youth membership went from $1 to $0 now it's $15. I don't remember what it was before the drop to $1.