Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
National Security TFRs - Wanna bet AMA didn't notify? >

National Security TFRs - Wanna bet AMA didn't notify?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

National Security TFRs - Wanna bet AMA didn't notify?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 03:15 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

No, what you are saying is that AMA and by default the clubs don’t have safety protocols in place to the level as your boat organization and that is a false statement. Being that you are not and have not been a member of any club, I’m curious how you came to that conclusion.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/4b9...=1675282972005

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 02-26-2023 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:04 PM

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

All I have to do is watch videos where the people don't follow the rules and the unsafe practices being bragged about by others and it tells me a lot
Old 02-26-2023, 05:14 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
All I have to do is watch videos where the people don't follow the rules and the unsafe practices being bragged about by others and it tells me a lot

OK, the whole I can tell what took place in the last 1/2 hour by looking at one photo. Seriously though, when you watch one of these video’s does it specifically state what AMA club in which it took place? Out of the ten or even 20 video’s you can find, how many thousands of flights have zero safety infractions. I’m certain that if I were to invest the time I could find some boating behavior that is less than safe. Of course I don’t judge the entire R/C boating community based on a few knuckleheads.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:23 PM

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I don't either. I've seen videos of guys taking large FG gas vee hulls between people's feet, around legs and such as well. These guys don't race their boats, just run for fun on the weekends. They're also the ones that have killed people with their boats. One guy, for example, hit his own son in the chest, killing him instantly with one of those large gas vee hulls. And that makes my point. The people I run with run within strict rules. Guys like you that compete also fly within a set of rules. Those that fly or boat on the weekends, for the most part, don't run within any rules. Many don't even know what the safety code is or have an affiliation with any sort of sanctioning organization. Here's some boating videos that show it as well:
What I found very disturbing is that several of these videos show other MANNED BOATS on the water with the R/Cs. One of them actually had a kayak on the water where the guy in the kayak was actually taking video footage. He was extremely lucky that he wasn't hit and injured. Another video boat expert team, TheRcSaylors, show how to be reckless as well as dangerous when running a boat. If I was at a lake and saw them running the way they do in the videos, I would have to reprimand them myself or report them to the LOEs

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 02-26-2023 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
True, but you make my point. The people who use the precise term "model aircraft" vs the more common "drone safety" aren't the target audience. As someone above said, the target audience is the crowd who bought their drone from Best Buy or AliExpress. They're going to use "drone" and what comes up is NOT the AMA.
Model aircraft flyers are AMA's target audience as well as the forum. I'm not sure what your point is.