Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 CG FOR GP SPACEWALKER >

CG FOR GP SPACEWALKER

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CG FOR GP SPACEWALKER

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:10 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG FOR GP SPACEWALKER

It shows to balance at 4 1/4" from the LE. Ok, I have it set at 4 1/8" which makes it nose heavy at the book setting. Which when I set it up on the book way it will flop the ground on the nose but in the 4 1/8" it is just about balanced with just a little nose drop. Should this be redone or will it be ok? I put the battery under the tank and added 3/4 of an oz of lead is all at the firewall.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:23 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: CG FOR GP SPACEWALKER

I think you will be fine. I have a Spacewalker and it is a very stabel flyer. I do not think that 1/8" off on the C.G. will make a big difference on this plane. Plus, being a bit nose heavy is always safer than being tail heavy.

Have fun, you will like this plane

Carl
Old 02-10-2005, 08:29 PM

what have you got yours powered with? I have an older OS 90fs
Old 02-10-2005, 11:34 PM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Balance per instructions and you won't have any problems. Mine is a tad nose heavy but flys fine with a Saito .91. It doesn't like a lot of wind and is a real floater so fly it in and it'll be fine. The only thing I don't care for is the plastic wing tips. Good luck you'll love it for a lazy day of flying.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:21 AM

I have allready epoxied the lead to the firewall. I will try to fly it as it is. I know if it is anything it is nose heavy. I would rather it be that than tail heavy. If it is too nose heavy I will just chizzle it off.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:45 PM
My Feedback: (5)

It won't be nose heavy. I had an OS 120 in mine, plus a 20 oz. fuel tank a 2700 mah 5 cell flight battery and a 3600 mah on board glow battery all shoved as far ahead as I could get them and it flew fine. I also turfed the stock landing gear and installed a heavy fiberglass land gear in the fuse in front of the wing ( the best move I have done in years ) oh and I also had dummy engine cly. heads glued onto the cowl and yes a heavy APC prop. I never did check the CG I just knew it would be "alright", you'll be fine, maybe even a bit tail heavy they like to fly nose heavy.

They are a great Sunday flyer and I loved mine with the 120 in it, the power was "just right" for lazy aerobatics, I wouldn't have wanted any less IMHO. It was a lot of fun until I forgot to charge the batteries, I may get another someday.