Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

propellers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default propellers

Good morning Sal . I know that not many E people use wood props is there a good reason for this , because you see very little use of plastic propes on gasers . I think that in many cases wood propes would be the better choice what's your opinion .
Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 AM

Default RE: propellers

ORIGINAL: highflyer65

Good morning Sal . I know that not many E people use wood props is there a good reason for this , because you see very little use of plastic propes on gasers . I think that in many cases wood propes would be the better choice what's your opinion .
The APC props are designed for electric flight and have a few charactersitics that are a bit different then the regular wood props. Typically they are thinner and have sharper LE. The electric props do not have to take the continuall pounding that is typical of an internal combustion engine. With that said, yes, you can use a wooden prop. I cannot sau what the best choices would be but the better made props will have better performance, although until you get into the bigger props the APC's still are best.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Thanks Sal I'll stick with the APC props that was good information.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 PM

No Problem!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:17 PM
My Feedback: (21)

I am converting over to electric on my senior telemaster and the motor I am using recommends a 15x10 prop, should I use a plastic, apc, or a wooden prop? And where should I look for it. Thanks for your time...Jerry