Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo

Good Morning, So does anyone have first hand knowledge of what size servo is required to move a 74 x 2 3/4, 2 blade rotor to port and starboard? I figure if the servo has a 1/2 inch throw in either direction from netural it will accomplish what I need. I know there are numbered designation for particular servos but I am unclear on the details of which one will work for this configuration.
Again any and all help is appreciated. Lee
Old 04-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo

When I first started flying my Kellet I used the servo recommended in the kit .I found that it would move the rotor but there was a delay from when you moved the control to when the machine responded I thought that this was the way autogyros flew After I used up three of these servos I put in a digital 1/4 scale one with 208 oz at 4.8 volts or 250 oz at 6 volts Now I have instant response The 100 oz servo is marginal at best I would recomend that you get a digital servo with at least 200 oz of torque. The other thing the digital servos have is holding power. The hitec 5735 has 750 oz of holding power this keeps the rotor properly aligned when you are not giving a control input. If you go to the Servo city website (good prices) they have lists of servo with power and other stats The Kellet has 36 inch blades ,three, so you will probably need the same amount of holding and moving power.with your design.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo

Albert, Thank you very much. This is the type of advice I am looking for.
Does anyone have suggestion on the reciever/transmitter for my gyro? If I go with the digital servo I would imagine that would, at least in part, determine which receiver/transmitter I would need. Additonally, if I use the hitec 5735 servo and want to connect a second servo to operate the rudder and steering, would the servo simply have to be the same voltage or would it have to be a second 5735 servo? Evern though its work load would be less demanding?
Thanks, Lee