Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
 Wallis Getting Decals >

Wallis Getting Decals

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Wallis Getting Decals

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wallis Getting Decals

Hi,

Now that the Wallis is flying probably as good as it's going to get, I'm putting the rest of the parts on to make it look pretty. When it's done I'll upload a picture.

In the meantime, do we have any members here or know of any other members that have a Wallis. It was made by Micro-Mold back in the 70's and I have no idea as to how many were made. I'm curious as to how many are still around the world and if anybody has one flying.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 04-27-2005, 09:56 PM

Default RE: Wallis Getting Decals

Phil,

What a coincidence. I just received an email this evening from a guy in the UK looking for some rotor blades for his Wallis. Here's some of his email:

"Hi, I have a micro mould model wallis auto gyro the rotor diameter is 63in. I would like to buy some pre finished blades and try to get this model flying. I have lots of modelling and aeronautical experience and realise this will be an interesting challenge."

I'm going to refer him to this forum. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to find out you have yours flying.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:05 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. If you would like, give the fellow my e-mail address so that I can discuss the Wallis in more detail.

[email protected]

If this fellow is ordering a set of blades then he probably has broken the original set. Should be interesting to hear his story.

I'm glad that you responded as it reminded me that I need a spare set of blades for my Wallis so I have just placed the order with you.

I'm still flying with the original blades and it's a miracle that I haven't broken them. The original blades look like a clark Y but I sanded a little reflex on the underside near the trailing edge. It will be interesting to see how your blades will perform. The original blades are 30" long and 2.5" wide.

Phil,
Old 04-28-2005, 10:23 PM

Phil,

I've passed your email on to him. Thanks for that offer. I've suggested the 2-3/4" x 36" size to him for his Wallis per your input. It would be great to hear from other Wallis owners out there too.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 PM

Here is the final product. Now I just hope it stays that way. I gave the little guy his first ride today. I think he liked it.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64316.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	464.0 KB
ID:	264837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92570.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	519.1 KB
ID:	264838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71579.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	500.2 KB
ID:	264839  
Old 04-30-2005, 05:20 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Phil,
Your Wallis is getting pretty.. Keep it that way.. Bring it to Muncie in September and then to Lakeland in November.. Good weather both weekends.
You to Mickey..Come to Muncie..

Jim

PS: The Spring Hill Gang was here at Top Gun Friday.. 2 car loads.