Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
 Putting banana plugs on Tx and Rx charger >

Putting banana plugs on Tx and Rx charger

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Putting banana plugs on Tx and Rx charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:09 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting banana plugs on Tx and Rx charger

New to using a battery cycling system, got a Hobbico Accu cycle pro from a friend and want to use it to make sure my batteries are good. I've been using the charger that came with my FM transmitter box. I wanted to find out from those of you who cycle your batteries...do I just cut off the plug on the end of the charger and separate the wires and connect banana plugs to the red and black, or do I need to purchase "Hobbico Ready-to-Use charge leads?
Old 05-13-2012, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Putting banana plugs on Tx and Rx charger

Hi I am not sure but I think there is a diode in the Tx so current can only flow one way I.e charging.<div>
</div><div>To cycle I would unplug battery from Tx - be careful not to bend the pins. My futaba connections at hurried quite deep do I've made an extension with a short servo lead; that way the servo lead stays connected to Rx and to cycle I disconnect the other end of servo lead from battery if you understand me,</div><div>Anyhow to cycle I would make a jack from a servo lead doctor don't damage battery connection,</div><div>Hope that helps</div><div>
</div>