Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Sirius SuperTest Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius SuperTest Pro?

Here is a quote from the Sirius Electronics site: "There is a NEW SuperTest PRO. It will test any rechargeable battery up to 10,000 mAh and up to 14 NiCd or NiMH cells. It has an LCD display and is programmable from 1 volt to 14 volts in .1v increments. Now you can test all your batteries including Lithium and lead acid.
It can be purchased for $99.95 plus s & h."

http://www.siriuselectronics.com/supr_tst.htm

Anyone have one of these yet? Worth the extra 30 bucks over the regular SuperTest?

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:31 AM

Default RE: Sirius SuperTest Pro?

I'm bringing this back to the top because I am considering purchasing either a SuperTest or SuperTest Pro. I have been using the Sirius Charge Pro for almost ten years and just had it upgraded to the Plus version. Now i'd like a tester! No on on RCU has left any opinion of the Supertest pro, so please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Rob
Old 06-05-2005, 07:35 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a link to Sirius that works. Their unit is easy to use and self contained.
http://www.siriuselectronics.com/ind...roducts_id=123

I would prefer the West Mountain Radio CBA II. You have to use a PC with it but it gives much more information and graphs the discharge curve. It is rated for up to a 40 amp discharge or 150 watts, testing at up to 48 volts; the equivalent of 1 to 38 NiCad or NiMh cells.

http://www.westmountainradio.com/CBA.htm

Both units are priced the same.

John
Old 06-05-2005, 09:23 AM
My Feedback: (8)

I have the Sirius Test, not the pro version, and it is a very nice piece of equipment. Like their other products, it's simple and reliable. I probably would have bought the pro version, but it was not available when I bought mine.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:15 AM
My Feedback: (61)

I loved mine as well..I bought an Alpha 4 which has a cycle feature in it..If I didnt have that I would still be using my Super Test
Old 06-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

I had a Sirius Test (not the pro version). It is very limited compared to the CBA from West Mountain Radio. Since there isn't much price difference between the Sirius Test Pro and the CBA it may certainly be worthwhile to get the CBA. I really like my CBA.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I decided to purchase the CBA II from WestMountainRadio and am waiting for it to arrive now!

... and now I have one less battery to test, but that's a story for the crash forum.