Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

How to PUSH NiMh cells

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to PUSH NiMh cells

Okee, i want to push my new 1100 MAh cells. The internal resistance must go down. The cells must be able to handle 20 amps or more. Can anyone help me with a link to a site with details? Or is there a simple manual [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Banned

You can not reduce the internal resistance of a battery. You can only replace the battery with one that has cells that already have a lower resistance.

Attempting some of the "tricks" to reduce resistance in a battery leads to premature battery failure, and you never will see the reduced reistance you are looking for... unless you internally short a cell, which means you turn it into a lead weight.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:21 AM

Hehe, i just bought Pushed cells [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] normal Resistance : 6 mOhm, now they heve 3,5mOhm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That really makes a difference. They do it so i want to learn it to and don't say it isn't possible because IT IS.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Banned

They manufacture low resistance (high current) cells. But the difference is made in the construction of the cells. The only way to change the resistance of a battery is to rip it apart, and remanufacure it. (or essentially fry the cell, which means you might get a couple of uses afterward, but then its ruined.)