Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Miniron Mobil Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miniron Mobil Issue

I seem to be experiencing a quirk with my Miniron Mobil.

The Miniron should display the voltage of the connected battery, and the current flow into the battery after choosing a charging program.

My Miniron likes to display the voltage of my power source, and shows .01 amp current flow after I connect a battery to be charged and choose a charging program. Sometimes it alternates, flashing the voltage of my power supply and voltage of my connected battery. In order to properly execute a charging program, often i must disconnect and reconnect power supply.

Don't get me wrong, I have successfully charged several ni-cads, a ni-mh, and a Pb-acid, but it has not been a flawless procedure. It has taken a lot of trial and error. My charger seems to be picky about power supplies, and does not like to quick charge like a 9.6v ni-cad for a TX when using a 12v Pb-acid for its power supply (like you need when out in the field--and by quick charge i mean using a high current that allows for a 30min-1hr charging time).

Has any Miniron users experienced this same issue?

fESS
Old 07-20-2004, 08:00 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miniron Mobil Issue

Sounds like insufficient boost. You can't charge a 9.6 volt battery from a 12 -13 volt power source like a 12 volt battery. Charger manufacturers incorporate a booster circuit to step the voltage up to 15+ volts in order to peak a TX battery that may peak as high as 14 volts. If a charger has negative peak detection, then they will just keep charging for a long, long time before recognizing a peak,

Check with tech support at Miniron, I think they are in Germany, you may need service.

Hope this helps.