Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

DuraTrax Battery's???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DuraTrax Battery's???

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKHJ8&P=7 <---- what do you guys think about this battery here? I just bought it and I'm hoping for much longer run times and hopefully some faster speed out of my cheap 1800mah that I have now...
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 AM

Default RE: DuraTrax Battery's???

I don't really know anything about that particular pack. With a higher Ah pack you are going to get better sustained voltages though, and that may equate to more speed just depending on the quality of the batteries, the internal resistance, how many amps the motor draws relative to the capacity of the battery, battery temps, ect ect =)
Old 11-17-2007, 07:09 PM

wow this battery makes a huge difference and its only 6 cell!

I'm very happy with my purchase this truck gets up and goes now finally !!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 PM

good deal =)

this new pack must be a good deal better quality than the last one you were using =) well that and it's twice the size so sustained discharge ratings are gona be higher (close to 2x the amps =)
Old 11-19-2007, 12:11 PM

***UPDATE***

Well I used my new DURATRAX 7.2 3600mah full charge last night. I decided to use it in my backyard which is mostly ALL grass. Bad decision. This EXCEED RC Truck 1/10 electric is not strong enough to handle this battery upgrade and ride in grass only. After about 10 mintues of full throttle gass driving I passed the truck right by me and cought a wiff of what smelt like fire/smoke and brought the truck in to look at it. Sure enough it was the truck, I'm not sure what was smoking either the engine or the ESC but I know the smoke was not good. I thought the car was done. Well I let it cool down and it still continued to work which I was real happy about.

However, now when I first put the battery in and turn it on, it will not go right off like it used to, its like I have to give it a little push to get it started then it starts working ok. Didn't used to do this and I'm guessing something may have been burnt that smoke couldn't of been good. (ALSO it could have MAYBE been a leaf or grass that was right on the motor and thats what the smoke/smell was from? But I really think it was the actually hardware it self cooking).

I guess I can only run this cheaper model truck on the cement and only the grass for like 5 or 10 seconds. Constant grass kills the hardware I guess I will need to upgrade to a more expensive model if I want to ride out in the grass all day with the big boys huh?