Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
 Am I missing something obvious here?? >

Am I missing something obvious here??

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Am I missing something obvious here??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing something obvious here??

Ok, I have an Accu-Cycle charger with a variety of charger adapters. I run Hitec radios, and they have what I will call a unique type connector where they plug into the tx. It's a small, square, white plug...definitely not the universal type of connector. Now, on my Prism 7X, I cut the wire w/ Hitec plug off of the old dead battery pack, soldered a female universal connector (which the new generic type pack plugs right into) and stuff it all into the back of the tx. I just got a new Optic 6, which has a Hitec battery pack w/ the same little connector. I have looked at the adapters for chargers and all I can ever find is the ones for the universal style, regular type tx jacks, nine volt Futaba style. I have not seen a female version to accept the standard Hitec battery plug. There is not enough room inside the Optic case to jury rig up another 'patch cable'. Also, I realize the adapters for the radio connectors will work fine for my tx, when I CHARGE, it is when I need to DISCHARGE to cycle that cannot be done thru the radio charging jack. Thus the source of my problem!! Any help guys???? As always, thanks in advance. Tom.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Am I missing something obvious here??

Take the battery out to cycle it. You don't do that often, anyway. Please do not jumper any fuses or remove any diodes. A short or reversed plug may damage your TX or battery pack.

Dr.1
Old 12-11-2007, 12:47 PM

Dr. 1....When I do cycle the battery I do remove the pack from the tx. I made the jumper wire for the other tx so I could also hook it to my Accu-Cycle. The new tx, there isn't enough room inside for the additional connectors. So, I am trying to figure out if any adapters are offered to hook directly to the unique Hitec plug from the battery pack. I agree with you, I won't jump any fuses or diodes either. I just assume leave everything inside intact!! Thanks, Tom.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that case must be jamed full of stuff. There's usually always room for a battery jack. Could you change the Hitec plug to something generic? Would that help?

Dr.1
Old 12-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Yeah it is tight. In my Prism 7X, it goes in and you have to 'tuck' the patch wire along the side of the pack. It's tight, but it goes. In the Optic 6, I tried to get the Prism battery pack and patch cable to go in, the battery fits fine, but this radio is tighter inside and while I can get the patch wire in, I can't get the cover to snap back on. I don't think changing the connector on the radio to a universal type is really feasible as it apears to be mounted directly behind a little cutout in the plastic 'body' of the inner cavity the battery sets in. Oh well, I am now on a search and destroy mission to find a suitable adapter to use, I'm combing through batteriesamerica website right now. I did call Hobbico, and they gave me a part number for their adapter for the Accu-Cycle. I even explained to the guy what I needed, the part number they gave me, I already have it. It plugs directly to the radio charging jack. Gotta love this! Tom.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:49 PM

I found them! Batteriesamerica.com has them. They sell the 'female' connectors with a two wire lead that I can put banana plugs onto to connectto my charger. Now I will be able to simply remove my tx battery, and plug it to the charger to cycle them. $3.00 apiece so I got four of them and they even knocked the regular $7.95 shipping down to $4.00. Works for me! Thanks to all who replied. Tom.