Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
 HELP PLEASE!!!! ANYONE! need a balancer. >

HELP PLEASE!!!! ANYONE! need a balancer.

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

HELP PLEASE!!!! ANYONE! need a balancer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE!!!! ANYONE! need a balancer.

Hello all! im in need of some assistance. I have recently up my losi 8T with a losi 2000 lipo pack. I then also purchased a new lipo charger, i went with the Triton 2 charger. But what i didnt realize when i purchased it is that it doesn''t balance lipos. So i was looking to buy a balancer to use with my charger. Well now my LHS told me that i wouldnt be able to find a balancer that will balance my losi lipo pack and the only one that would work is the LOSI CHARGER wich means i would have to buy a new charger. is this true or can anyone tell me what balacer is compatable with a LOSI LIPO with out having to buy all new again!! or does anybody else make a lipo that will fit my 8T, ive been told that losi lipos are the only ones that work, is this true? all input is appreciated.

Thanks again!!
Stumped & Frustrated![:@]
Old 04-14-2008, 10:11 AM

Default RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! ANYONE! need a balancer.

I''m sure there are many LiPo batteries that would work for your application. You don''t have to use the Losi battery.

However, since you have it you might as well use it. I don''t see why a Astro Blinky balancer wouldn''t work. You may also be able to get an adapter to make your Losi balance connector plug into an Equinox balancer (or similar) if you prefer that route. If you can''t buy the exact adapter, you can just buy a connector with leads and splice it to your battery''s balance lead.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 AM

I agree if the balance plug on Lossi is gnd,3.7, 7.4 in other adds from ground then the Blinkly is the best low cost their is IMHO.

Link the battery so we may be of more techy help.
Rich
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 PM

Well this must be the 1 he has its the only 2000Mah lipo that losi makes. Or at least the only 1 i could find on there site.

[link=http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB9820]Losi lipo[/link]

Edit Hers the balancer that goes with the triton 2 [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMGS7&P=M]Equinox[/link]

But im sure you could use any balancer that is compatible.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:10 PM

thats the the one i have! the losi 2000. how do i know if the balancer lead will match up with the balancer. thats where ive been told it wont work. they ( LHS ) also said that they didnt recomend cutting the lead for the possibility of damaging the lipo.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:34 PM

I dont know much about lipo but if your connector is the same as the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMDM4&P=7]1 on this pack.[/link] It should work. take a close look. As far as I know all balancers serve the same purpose so as long as the plug will fit there should be no reason it wont work.

My local hobby shop has led me in the wrong direction so many times I stoped asking them questions.

Im sure some1 with more experience with the losi lipo packs will chime in to help.

I did some googleing and I did find a post were somebody was useing a Venom balancer with there losi lipos. So there is hope. lol
Old 04-14-2008, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: MF2MM5700

I dont know much about lipo but if your connector is the same as the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMDM4&P=7]1 on this pack.[/link] It should work. take a close look. As far as I know all balancers serve the same purpose so as long as the plug will fit there should be no reason it wont work.

My local hobby shop has led me in the wrong direction so many times I stoped asking them questions.

Im sure some1 with more experience with the losi lipo packs will chime in to help.

I did some googleing and I did find a post were somebody was useing a Venom balancer with there losi lipos. So there is hope. lol
It the Losi works with the Venom balancer you can use the Equinox balancer with your Triton 2 to balance your battery. Venom batteries have the same balance plug as the Great Planes batteries/balancers.

If your Losi battery has the same connector simply get the Equinox balancer and your good to go.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:16 AM

Check to see if the Blinky balancer you are considering has REVERSE POLARITY protection. Some don''t and if you plug it in backwards you will FRY your Blinky. I learned this the hard way...

Old 04-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Well the real guestion comes in with the overcharge protect wording if that was your pack. This has been causing some real greef with some chargers and balancers. But as i said if you have the ablity to read a meter just checking the balance plug will tell you alot. The OV is a trail an error thing untell someone that has this pack cimes in here.
Rich
Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 PM

Just got the losi lipo for my 8 today and already have the triton charger. The balance plug does not plug into the Equinox balancer. Will have to splice in or find adapter.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: RevoDave

Just got the losi lipo for my 8 today and already have the triton charger. The balance plug does not plug into the Equinox balancer. Will have to splice in or find adapter.
Did you find any solution, I've had no luck so far. Where can you buy a pigtail to splice onto the pack at? This is my first lipo so I don't have any to rob from. Thanks

scott
Old 04-28-2008, 01:42 PM

I sent losi a email when this thread started and they just got back to me they state:

"thank you for your recent e-mail. I am not familiar with the Eqinox charger. The Losi plugs are the same as the Thunder Power balance plugs. If the charger is compatible with Thunder Power then it will work with the Losi battery"

So I guess anything that will balance TP batts will do the losi lipos too.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: MF2MM5700

I sent losi a email when this thread started and they just got back to me they state:

"thank you for your recent e-mail. I am not familiar with the Eqinox charger. The Losi plugs are the same as the Thunder Power balance plugs. If the charger is compatible with Thunder Power then it will work with the Losi battery"

So I guess anything that will balance TP batts will do the losi lipos too.
In that case you can get a Thunder Power balance adapter for the Equinox balancer at Common Sense RC's website for like $3-$4.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM

you can also buy a thunder power balancer from horizon