Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Buddy Boxing Help >

Buddy Boxing Help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Buddy Boxing Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Boxing Help

Greetings All . Just a couple questions about buddy boxing . I have a Sig Senior using a X9303 Transmitter . I have the Alierons on this plane that are not run with a Y harness . I have one side pluged into channel 6 on the reciever . I am trying to plug a buddy box up to this plane , but not sure on a couple things .

I have a older Jr radio that is a four channel . But does the master Trans. just reconize a 4 channel , or does it see the gimble movement for using right and left Alieron from channel 6 on the reciever .
Or would I have to find a 6 channel radio . If so , would the slave transmitter have to have the programing that the X9303 has .

Just tring to get a new club member in the air.

Thanks for any Help You could give me

USA_1_INK

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29213.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1601524  
Old 04-30-2011, 02:20 PM

Default RE: Buddy Boxing Help

The 4 channel JR radio will work as the slave unit with out any problems. just plug in the DSC lead in the back of both transmitter with the Master(X9303) swithced on. You will have to go into the settings of the X9303 and set the trainer set up on. All that is being used in the slave unit is the encoder(sticks) section of the unit. The channel 6 is used from the master unit not the slave unit.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old 04-30-2011, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info Ghost , I will give it a try

Thanks again

USA_1_INK
Old 04-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check things carefully. Make sure that the trims follow and that you get equal movement withboth sets of sticks. Examples, and this was my experience with Futaba, the throttle would not get full travel on the trainer box, and old 4 channel to a 9C master. I could get from throttle kill to about 6K or if I changed the trim, I could get from about 4K to WOT. No way to do it all. The rest of the controls followed the 9Csetup though. Then I was setting up a buddy box setup for my son's 6exa (I think that is the TXhe has) again with an older Futaba 4 ch. All that setup would give was raw stick movements, none of the trim or any mixing in the master worked when the trainer had the sticks.

Another thing to watch out for, Near the end of my buddy box training, I had landed, taxied to the pits and got to a full idle, but Icouldn't kill the engine. Iask my instructor to kill it and when he let up on the trainer switch, his TX was on WOT and it was an interesting couple seconds. Barriers are good.

Just spend some time making sure that there are no surprises when the switch is transfered. It took me and my instructor a while to realize that the throttle wasn't the same between boxes.

Don
Old 05-01-2011, 01:47 PM

As he said... flipping the "trainer" switch back and forth with the plane on the ground, at various identical stick positions is a good idea.

If the sticks are set identically, there should be NO movement of the control surfaces as you move the switch back and forth.

Otherwise what the "student" experiences may not be what the trainer intends.

Do this at each stick extreme too.