Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
bec problem? >

bec problem?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

bec problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bec problem?

i bought this bec http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/gh15ampubec-p-2517.html and the way i wired it was a seperate battery. For some reason this ubec has two wires to go into the reciever but i only plugged in one of the to the bat/bind spot. Do i need to plug in both through a y-harness? when i put in the battery nothing happens. Idk what it could be this is my first time putting a bec in a plane and idk whats wrong
Old 01-22-2014, 05:12 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The BEC you linked to only has one battery lead coming out. Are you sure this is the one you have? As for your question, are you sure you have the battery polarity right? Are you sure you're plugging in the lead to the receiver correctly?
Old 01-22-2014, 06:17 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only one that comes to mind with two receiver plugs is a Castle Pro. It has two receiver plugs because it provides 10amps of power and a servo plug can only handle 5amps so you would plug both in a separate receiver slot. If you only require 5amps then just use one plug.
If it is a Castle it should be set to 4.8 volts when you connect a 2 cell to 6 cell lipo to the red and black input wires.. To change the output to 6 volts you would need the programmer.
What size battery are you using?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:07 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but PLEASE don't post the same question in multiple sub forums.
I think your question has been answered on your other thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ques...c-problem.html

if your question has not been answered, then a photo of what you've actually got would be most helpful and appreciated