Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Thank You To All Members Here >

Thank You To All Members Here

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Thank You To All Members Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 04:37 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You To All Members Here

Hello,

I wanted to thank all the members here for taking the time to help less experienced modelers.

Today I successfully flew my second airplane, a Sig 4*60 with a Saito 100. The many, many threads on setting up this airplane and engine have been incredibly helpful. Everything from prop selection, using a tru-turn spinner setup and breaking in the engine to setting the main wheels to point inward slightly and how to fly a tail dragger. There were so many tips, I don't think I could list them all here. I really believe that the path to success would have been much more difficult without all the tips that you have provided. Thanks to you all, I got in three full flights, including takeoffs and landings, after a more experienced pilot checked it out for the first flight and helped coach me through my flights. Taking off and landing was much easier than I thought it would be and there were no problems. In fact, in some ways I think that it lands better than my trainer.

Many thanks,

Travis
Old 10-04-2003, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thank You To All Members Here

bluemax3 i know what you mean..the guys here are the greatest...glad your new plane flew so well..i'm rebuilding my third second plane...crashed all 3 do to a RX crystal that was broke....any way have fun...spooner
Old 10-05-2003, 08:45 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Travis,
Real glad to hear of your successful flights! We all learn here, everyday. Although I've been at it for about eight years, and fly at an "intermediate" level, not a day goes by that I'm not gaining knowledge just by being here!
Dennis-
Old 10-06-2003, 08:37 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WTG Travis! Good luck with it. That's a great combo that should give you many hours of fun.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, I am sure that you will find the plane a joy to fly. I love to fly my 4*60, and have had it about a year now. I have an OS91 Surpass on mine and it is the perfect size, so the 100 should serve you well. I have said this on other threads, just watch the fuselage cheeks on the front/bottom. Mine vibrated so much that I put a dowel between them to keep them from vibrating the sides apart.