Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Transmitters and flight packs >

Transmitters and flight packs

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Transmitters and flight packs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitters and flight packs

Against my better judgement, I am watching a transmitter only for sale on ebay. Futaba. If I would buy this, would I have to get a Futaba flight pack or can I buy any manufacturers flight pack of the same frequency. If this is the case, there must be some other specifications other than frequency that I have to match in order for this to work
Old 01-26-2003, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the flight pack, you'll need what's called a negative shift receiver. Either futaba or hitec (there may be others, I'm familiar with both of those). JR and Airtronics are positive shift. The receivers are pretty much mix and match.

Just as an aside, I would hesitate to buy a used transmitter on ebay. There are several online stores that sell tx only (servocity, brucner hobbies, do a search, I don't have the url's handy). They are reasonably priced and come with the regulary factory warranty.

Joe
Old 01-27-2003, 07:43 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

If it's a fancy transmitter go for it. If it's plain save your money. A 4-channel Futaba can be bought cheaper than a flight pack as the flight pack does not come with a crystal. Plus you dont get a charger with the flight pack.
later daveo