Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Futaba 6EXA 6-Channel anyone >

Futaba 6EXA 6-Channel anyone

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Futaba 6EXA 6-Channel anyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 12:49 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EXA 6-Channel anyone

hey guys,

anyone have this radio?

Futaba 6EXA 6-Channel FM

it looks pretty sweet

Felix
Old 04-09-2004, 04:40 AM

Default RE: Futaba 6EXA 6-Channel anyone

FELIX for the price i dont think you can go wrong , and its really easy to get around in it,its very user freindly allmost like garmin is to gps and fish finders for boats.it was my first purchase for a digital radio i have two planes on it,my first radio came with my nexstar witch i leave on its own radio,so i dont have all my eggs in one basket , i carry a spair crystal with me incase some one else has the same channel thow at the feild so ive pree programed it in the 6exa,theres alot of nexstars out there, its only down fall but i dont find it a problem wright now is if you have a plane that requires dual elavators and one has to be installed the oposite like the u can do I call it the (U CAN CRASH) my son owns it requires a servo reversing harness.it is cabable of switching chanell 5 for the other servo but it dosent have the capability to trim you have to fly the plane and if is trimmed up or down you have to make the adjustments threw the clevises some of the other planeS that use dual servos on elavators you can use a y harness again depending on the install..........BILL
Old 04-09-2004, 04:45 AM
My Feedback: (1)

hey thanks for replying..

is there any other radio out there that compares to it..with its tiny computer feature...and all that ?
from futaba or hitec?
Felix
Old 04-09-2004, 05:22 AM

JUST a suggestion felix you might what to find out what BRAND the others at your Field are using .all my freinds use futaba it makes it allot easier for them to help you if they share the same brand radios and you never know if you need a y harness and they give you one. it needs to be futaba, JR products wont inter change and vis-versa . JUST my 2 cents worth.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:06 AM

I have that radio, and love it! My third plane is an Ultra Stick 40. Each aileron has its own servo, so does each flap. If I didn't have the 6EXA, I would have had to build it with the strip ailerons and use a Y cable for the aileron servos. I would have done away with all the cool stuff you can do with the Ultra Stick, crow, flaps, etc. I consider this an intermediate radio. Eventually I will get the 9 channel Futaba computer radio. Right now I do not want to spend the $$ on it. I would rather buy more planes! The 6 model memory is great too! I have the Ultra Stick on model 1, my trainer on model 2, my tiger2 on model 3. My Kadet Sr night flyer will be on model 4 (using the gear switch to turn the landing lights on and off), and the Sig Kougar will be on model 5. I still have a slot open for a future model!

As to the different brands, ask for opinions at the field. I use Futaba as I am comfortable with it. I can also use the receiver that came in my trainer (that came with Skysport 4) with the 6EXA. Sometimes asking for opinions on radios gets as bad as asking opinions on brands of engines. It can quickly become like a religious discussion.

Mike
Old 04-09-2004, 11:14 AM
My Feedback: (56)

Have it. Love it. Does all I ask for a 6channel including multi-model memory.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:02 PM

I love my 6EXA, very good for the price.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:21 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 6 EXA is an excellent introductory computer transmitter. Also very reasonably priced.

You can find other comparable equipment, but they won't be "better" than the EXA.
Dennis-
Old 04-09-2004, 05:45 PM

The 6EXA is a great radio for a begginer as it should take you a long time to outgrow it the only couple of drawbacks i have with it are no expo on rudder and the ail/elev rates are on one switch.