Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 What to do with a "retired" trainer? >

What to do with a "retired" trainer?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What to do with a "retired" trainer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to do with a "retired" trainer?

In your case, i would donate it to some newb, like me for example. But on the other hand, you can make some fun mods with it. Once you get a second plane its really fun to have a trainer, because youll want to expand your hobby. Id mount extra engines, make it look nice. If its an arf, strip the covering, and practise covering it. OR, if you dont want to give it away, if it will make you feel better post it up on the rcuniverse website and ill definetly buy it with paypal.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trainers are amazingly valuable --- don't get rid of them!!!!!!! Eventually you will come back to these machine, when your skills are fully developed & your appreciation for them returns. New pilots get "bored" with trainers and start looking for the next adventure. When you've had lots of "next adventures" you will take another hard look at these wonderfull machines and start flying them again -- either in stock form, or as hopped-up fun fliers.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:03 PM
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Retired heck!!! Fly it until the balsa petrifies!(like rock) A trainer is always good to have - whether you're sharpening your skills with touch and gos, or just keep it around to have fun with.