Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 make own plane >

make own plane

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

make own plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default make own plane

Hi,
i´m a beginner and i would like to make a corsair. But i dont have a plant of it. Someone help me.
Regards

Frederico Salvado
Old 10-28-2005, 08:00 PM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: make own plane

May I ask what you plan to do with the Plane once you get it built? If you have little or no flying experience I would just build it, and hang it up as a show piece. Flying a corsair whether it is an ARF, or you build a kit, or you scratch build it, with little or no experience would be a certain end for the Plane. May I ask also if you have flown a Trainer? If you have mastered a Trainer, a Corsair still might prove to be a handfull. Most of your warbirds are generally something you might consider after mastering a fairly agile low wing Plane. If you still want to build one, and are just looking for plans, you might want to check out RCM Magazine Online and see if they have any corsair Plans available.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:01 PM

HI FRED ;Will a three view drawing help you??It`s not a plan though ..If it does help, I will direct you, to one, just let me know here, and to which version, you are intrested in.If you have a photo that you like, post it here ,and I`ll be able to identify it ,for you..DAVE B
Old 10-28-2005, 08:23 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy a beginners kit. you try a corsair first kit and you will destroy it building it before you ever get to the flying part. Build a lot of them before a corsair. I have a friend that didn't listen to me either, and he tried to fly it this weekend. It lasted less than 3 seconds. Just not smart.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:48 AM
My Feedback: (14)

The power of choice....
Old 10-29-2005, 09:31 AM
My Feedback: (27)

Flyboy,
Would this friend live in my neighborhood after just moving from yours ?. A certain Hilo guy that is from your town just did that very thing..........last week. And will no doubt do the same again.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Thanks fly men´s
I have a trainer and soon i have lessons but i would like to make an corsair. The plane its for e but not for now first i have to learn how to fly the "little one".
Help with yours "skills"
Regards for everyone
Fred

Old 10-29-2005, 10:47 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Pops told me the gull wing on a Corsair can be a real bear to build for a rookie like myself, It is my favorite warbird, gotta love the Black Sheep!! There are some very inexpensive free flight kits to practice on though & the Corsair is available too. Done right it would make a nice piece to hang from the ceiling or just showcase it on a shelf. I'm doing one for my nephew's bedroom ceiling, hang it with fishing line. Mostly to ease back into buiding a kit, instead of ARFs. The LHS didn't have the Corsair so I got him a different little warbird but I'm sure Tower Hobbies has one in the Free-Flite kit section. Here I'll just get ya the link.http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE293&P=0 There ya go, take a look it might satisfy your urge to build a Corsair. Under $30 after shipping, and a nice little 17 1/2" full build to practice on. Hope ya like it.

Mark
Old 10-29-2005, 10:50 PM

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE293&P=0

Sorry about that, let's see if this one works.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:53 PM

Oops, I just noticed you're in Portugal, shipping would be more than the little kit, sorry but good luck in your quest.

Mark