Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 whoops, crashed my trainer... >

whoops, crashed my trainer...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

whoops, crashed my trainer...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 06:49 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whoops, crashed my trainer...

well guys this time the lt didn't live through it. it was up there so high it was the size of a gum stick, I was doing inverted flight training so i wanted to be high in the air. and the airplane fliped over then went into a dive. I think it got slow and then stalled maybe. and then I naturally tried to recover as if it were a stall, I had plenty of hight but the elevator didn't work. so it went straight in. whoomp!!! and stuck straight out of the ground. A closer inspection showed the aleron servos extention lead got wraped around the elevator servos arm and held on to it. so I gues I was kind of screwed no matter what I did.
the wing was salvage able so I kept it, the rest was in peices so we gave it a viking funeral after the sun went down. I of course salvaged as much as I could from it for use in future airplanes.
I am going to re-build the wing and get my friends plans to this simple to build aircraft body. It wont look like it did new but it will just make a new good airplane to replace the old one. the new plane body is essentially a box with two spars sticking out the back to hold the tail on and two sticking out the front to mount the fuel tank and engine.
I think it will be great! Now I really do need to get in the shop, to finish 2 new jobs!!! one is the 4* and the other is the new *special* airplane thing.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:09 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: whoops, crashed my trainer...

Sorry to hear that. I was wondering if that would ever be an issue... after reading this I'll be installing a few clips to hold the wires to the side of the fuselage.

Good luck on the rebuild.

somegeek
Old 11-07-2005, 07:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Sarges_heroes2003
I am going to re-build the wing and get my friends plans to this simple to build aircraft body. It wont look like it did new but it will just make a new good airplane to replace the old one. the new plane body is essentially a box with two spars sticking out the back to hold the tail on and two sticking out the front to mount the fuel tank and engine.

Haha..read the design..you might find this ineresting...this is somthing I scratch built about 2 months ago. No plans just out of my imagination (and a crashed wing ) It has a .25 engine, and flies well at half throttle, it also has a 12 oz tank so it flies a LONG time.

Sorry to hear about your plane though..at least you have plans for the parts!

Heres the tread on it: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3362486/anchors_3362486/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3362486]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3362486[/link]

Old 11-07-2005, 09:23 PM
My Feedback: (6)

yep this plane desine looks more like an old timer with the fuel tank exposed. just a simple little airplane. cant wait to get it finished and get back in the air.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ArmedZagi

ORIGINAL: Sarges_heroes2003

Haha..read the design..you might find this ineresting...this is somthing I scratch built about 2 months ago. No plans just out of my imagination (and a crashed wing ) It has a .25 engine, and flies well at half throttle, it also has a 12 oz tank so it flies a LONG time.

Sorry to hear about your plane though..at least you have plans for the parts!

Heres the tread on it: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3362486/anchors_3362486/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3362486]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3362486[/link]

A significant problem with the model in the pic is the extreme fragility -- it won't last long.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:06 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Sorry to hear about your Trainer Sarges, But I'm glad your not gonna let it slow ya down! Have fun with the new invention process.

Mark
Old 11-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This stuff happens. More motive to get the build going strong but not rushed.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:48 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: britbrat
A significant problem with the model in the pic is the extreme fragility -- it won't last long.

No problem there...it cost me nothing to build (had everything already) and Im gonna build a 3D plane with its guts after this...and Im not real rough on planes anyway