Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 New Flyer >

New Flyer

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

New Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Flyer

Hi people,

I am new to the flying scene and looking to fly my plane with other like minded beginner flyers, does anybody kow of any clubs or gatherings in sheffield i could be part of?

When looking for a plane i came accross some 'glow wire' "night flying kits" from a company called Surelight to illuminate the plane. Does anybody have one of these kits and able to tell me wether they are worth buying?

Many thanks,
David
Old 11-14-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Flyer

David, as i am not in the United Kingdom , i cant specifically point you in the right direction for a flying field. I can however, advise you to contact your local hobby shop and ask them the same question, as they will surely know where the clubs are. So find one, go there and introduce yourself to the flying instructor, and have a ball. As for the "glow wires", put them on the back burner for the time being until you have mastered flying in daylight. This could take a year. Above all , enjoy this wonderful hobby, it is the best.
the_madgenius, flying instructor , Australia.