Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Small OS 46AX issue-need help >

Small OS 46AX issue-need help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Small OS 46AX issue-need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small OS 46AX issue-need help

I hope that everyone is having a great Thanksgiving weekend!

I am having a small issue with my OS 46AX. I hope that somebody might have some input.

My 46 AX runs well and starts well. I have put about 1 1/2 gallons of 15% nitro through it.

Tt idles well. full power at full throttle. The problem is from 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.
I hope I explain this right, please bear with me. It starts and idles. I slowly transition up to 1/4, then 1/2 throttle. No problem, rpms rise.
But from 1/2 throttle to 3/4 throttle, there is no increase in rpms. It's not bogging down or dying, i8t's like it is being held at the same throttle. Then, from 3/4 to full throttle, the rpms pick up to full power as they should.

It's flying great like this. I am just wondering if any of you would no what would cause this "dead zone" between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle. I looked at the throttle barrel, and it is opening consistantly from idle to full throttle.

Any ideas?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:45 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Small OS 46AX issue-need help

If your engine is running fine and you have a good idle and a good transiton from idle to full throttle, then you may have a problem else where. If your using a cable on the throttle it may be flexing or slipping or there could be something wrong with the servo as far as the gear inside. Its hard to tell without seeing the setup. Post a pic of the servo in the idle position and in the full throttle position.
ORIGINAL: Septic_Shock

I hope that everyone is having a great Thanksgiving weekend!

I am having a small issue with my OS 46AX. I hope that somebody might have some input.

My 46 AX runs well and starts well. I have put about 1 1/2 gallons of 15% nitro through it.

Tt idles well. full power at full throttle. The problem is from 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.
I hope I explain this right, please bear with me. It starts and idles. I slowly transition up to 1/4, then 1/2 throttle. No problem, rpms rise.
But from 1/2 throttle to 3/4 throttle, there is no increase in rpms. It's not bogging down or dying, i8t's like it is being held at the same throttle. Then, from 3/4 to full throttle, the rpms pick up to full power as they should.

It's flying great like this. I am just wondering if any of you would no what would cause this "dead zone" between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle. I looked at the throttle barrel, and it is opening consistantly from idle to full throttle.

Any ideas?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:58 PM

I'll need to borrow a digital camera, might be a day or so. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2005, 05:37 PM

The low end needle could be just a little lean - if you adjust it only a 1/16 to 1/8 turn - see if that helps.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:37 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delman is correct also. When I fly, I like to see a little bit of a smoke trail, no matter what type engine it is. I have a moto, "I'd rather clean it than repair it".
Old 11-27-2005, 06:48 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Also, if you have a computer radio, and you have decreased the end-point adjustments (servo travel) via the radio, then you may see that there is not a directly linear proportion between your stick movement and servo movement. One of the reasons I like to set up the throttle mechanically as best as possible, then use EPA as a last resort. If you decrease one endpoint by a lot (say 40% or more) then this will be very noticeable!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:55 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Hey SS, just wondered, Have you burned a full Gallon of fuel in that new AX yet? I know they basically break themselves in, when ran abit(2-3 clicks) rich. Yours is perhaps doing just that.