Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Maidened My Cap Today >

Maidened My Cap Today

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Maidened My Cap Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:28 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maidened My Cap Today

Lol, I allready tried that with the P51 they Named Marie, she wasn't buying it![:@] Actually the little blue one at the field I believe was the Carl Goldberg. I say little one only because it was Dwarfed sitting next to his big yellow one. It didn't look so little when it was in the air & certainly flew big! I think for now I'll have to settle on the WM 40 -46 size. Money's funny right now. I'm still waiting for the letter from the AMA saying I won the 46%er in the drawing. I heard they're giving that very same plane away as the grand price in some drawing. I don't know if it's a raffle deal or if we are all automatically in it just from our AMA membership but I intend to find out.

P.S. Bruce you'd have been right, that pic is about 8 yrs old but she still cleans up purdy nice!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:33 AM

Just noticed your link, you're right. The black one looks sweet! & it's first the time I've seen it, must be a new scheme they just put out I've only seen the white one till now. Good looking Airplane![sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 04-18-2006, 06:47 PM

Had a lot of good flights on the Cap today, right up until I re-kitted it. I was doing a knife edge one way & Gary was coming across the other way. It looked pretty close to a mid-air to me so I went inverted & dived. I missed Gary alright, but then I kind of just snapped into a death spiral & I just couldn't recover. Lol Doo-doo happens!![8D] After we picked up the wreckage I saw that both elevator halves were in perfect tact with the CA hinges sticking out of them. Now this was the first ARF I slapped together before I learned a lot of tips about installing CA hinges here on RCU. So we're not really sure if I lost my elevators in flight or if I just dumb-thumbed another one. She sure flew nice right up until the crash though.

Guess I'm going to have to figure out way to talk Marie into letting me buy that Ultimate sooner than I thought.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 days, at least they are lasting longer. OUCH! Sorry, couldn't resist. Sorry about the loss. Given any thought to flying alone at the field for a while?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grumpy, sorry to hear it went in. Yep, sounds like the dreaded I have to recover now and I'll give it all the elevator quickly syndrome.

Agree, time to look into the Ultimate or another Cap
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 AM

First thing I did was call Airborne because even though they had to take them off their website, you could still walk in the door & buy one. They're all gone now. He told me they'll be getting new ones with the same color scheme but they won't have the name Castrol Aviator on them. I guess rather than give in to Castrol Oil on the royalties dispute WM is just gonna use their scheme without their name.

Bruce[sm=punching.gif], No I'm not gonna fly alone.[:'(] The Wed & Fri guys I fly with fly Military, so I just keep my spot in the pattern. But when I fly with Gary on Mon we like to push the envelope quite a bit more, sometimes the envelope can be expensive, but it's all just part of the hobby. I'm never gonna learn to 3D without planting a few lawn darts. Sure I'm a little bummed, but not discouraged!!