Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Robart Fuelers.... >

Robart Fuelers....

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Robart Fuelers....

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Fuelers....

I had the opportunity, and took it, to buy a box of RC "stuff" cheap at a garage sale. So, I am looking through the stuff and I came across two fuelers by Robart. One is called the "Ultra Fueler", and the other is a "Super Fueler". They appear to be used to allow fueling without disconnecting the fuel lines by allowing an external connection to the fule jug.

The Super Fueler only has two connections, one to connect the tank and the other to the carb. The Ultra Fueler has four connections, and appears to be used for planes that have pressurized tanks, although the pressure connection is marked “optional”.

I am new to the hobby having just purchased a H9 XE. I have a few questions for the experts.

1) Is it worth adding one of these items? Seems convenient for fueling, and relatively east to install.

2) If so, which would be best?

2) Do I have to worry about placement? I know that the position of the fuel tank in relation to the engine is important, but do I need to be concerned with the routing of the fuel lines? Can they be routed below the carb a couple of inches and then back up? If I use one of them it will have to be installed a couple of inches below the engine to allow for clearance on the inside.

Thanks ahead for the help, and happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2003, 08:19 PM

i have used these fuelers for yrs. but they do have problems.most of the time they evently get a leak.have one in a plane took 2 yrs. to realize the valve got a leak and started to suck air only happen at full throtle so it was hard to find.best fueling system so far i've used is the fuel dot its just a "t" fitting in the fuel line to the tank and capped off with a stoper after you fuel unless the line gets a hole in it or you forget to put the stoper back in its fool proof(or should i say fuel proof).
roy
Old 01-02-2003, 06:12 AM
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with Roy. Fuel dots. You can have two or three lines to the tank, but you may need to clamp the carb line with the two line method.........
Old 01-06-2003, 03:09 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuelers are junk!!! Run a loop of fuel line where you can get to it and put a fuel filter in as a coupler. Undo and fuel. Disconnect pressure hose from muffler and run into small bottle for overflow. Drain bottle with pump as you would the plane when it gets half full or so. You might lose 5 or 6 drops of fuel in the course of a whole day. Dennis Flora
Red Bluff, Ca
Old 01-06-2003, 03:40 PM
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hiya Dennis !

Dennis, nice to hear from you again. I managed to return all my GP fuelers for a full refund ! All I had to do was attach a link of your thread on the leaky fuelers (that thread was some months ago) in my email to GP.............
Old 01-08-2003, 07:40 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Rajul, Glad to here you got your money back. I wasted alot of precious flying time screwing with those fuelers. I see guys fueling there planes with them all the time and I also chuckle when I see the fuel running out of the cowling. I guess they don't care. I personally don't like leaving fuel stains where Ive been.
Take care and remember, altitude is your friend, just like me.
Dennis Flora, Red Bluff,Ca
Old 01-08-2003, 01:09 PM

i almost forgot if you do have to have a fueler something like those quick fillers you might want to check this one out i have it on one plane and so far so good its made by sullivan you don't need a special prob just a piece of brass tubing it has a tight spring assembly in it works great had a robart or a dubro and it became an in air fuel dump so i had to replace it a couple of yrs. back and its been holding out fine,would have used a fuel dot but
it was on a bracket bolted to the firewall with a hole in the cowling and a fuel dot just wouldn't fit.
roy