Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport

Hello all just a quick question,
I have a Rip-max Nova 40 trainer, how long does it take approx.. to be able to fly without a crash and burn...

Also what sports plane would people reccomand after I have finished training,, web page for where I can get the plane, I am looking for something easy to build and can I use my OS 46LA engine.. Is this engine good enough to power this type of plane..

Many Thanks
Old 01-02-2003, 11:10 AM
My Feedback: (62)

Default A Rhetorical Question at best

That just depends on so many things, it's difficult to answer in a way that would help. Do a search in this forum and you will come up with dozens of threads on websites, tips and techniques on the beginners perspective. A basic flight simulator doesn't hurt either. Good luck_bob
Old 01-02-2003, 01:38 PM

Default Sport

you will always have the crash and burn problem as long as you fly,the more quality time spent flying different planes in different conditions with different types of flying [sport,3D,pattern,etc]there will be less chance of crashing. Second plane with your engine; Sig Mid Star,Goldberg Tiger 2,Sig Something Extra,to name a few.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:31 PM

Default Sport

Thanks John,
just a quick question, the planes you mention sound good, do you know f a good web site that has these planes as well as another web page that reveiws these
Old 01-02-2003, 04:37 PM

Default Sport

Morning Flybybooth,no I don't ,there are other r/c discussion boards on the net,you may try them. Most of them I tried either didn't work half the time,are people wanted to flame everyone instead of giving good advice,good luck.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:19 PM

Default Sport

If you want to try a UK-based forum, with a reasonable database of plane reviews (and of planes that are actually available over here) you could do worse than to try www.rcmodelflying.co.uk

Very few flames that I've seen and it's always been available when I've tried it. I like both forums but it is sometimes refreshing to have a less US-centric view of things.

Steve
Old 01-03-2003, 12:02 AM

Default Sport

Thanks Steve for the info.I'm going to give it a try.