Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Eindecker 46 SFM >

Eindecker 46 SFM

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Eindecker 46 SFM

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eindecker 46 SFM

Hey, I just got a Christmas gift. Its a Eindedecker 46 from Super Flying Models. I did a google search and didn't see much on the kit or on the company for that matter. Its a slick kit. ARF taildragger that describes itself as a "scale-like trainer" Wondering whether anyone has built this kit or has any information on it and whether it would make a good second plane to learn taildraggers on. Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:25 AM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Yep:)

Flying one currently...it's a very nice plane in the air - can be relatively aerobatic (no 3-D stuff) and lands nice and slow.

The only problem I had with the ARF is trying to match the color for the plastic parts....found Rust-Oleum color that was very close.

Aileron installation was difficult if done 'their' way - other than that, it went together quite quickly.

Jerry
Old 06-12-2003, 03:13 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default Me Too

I just received mine today from Horizon Hobby. I have been flying for a year now and wanted a tail dragger, but on that is easy on the wallet and big on fun. I also love the WWI style planes.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:13 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Check out RC Report!

Keep us informed.....I liked that model a lot....it just doesn't have any 'bounce' in the landing gear department :-)

Throttle up slowly and taking-off will not be a problem!

R/C Report (July issue) has a review of that plane.

Jerry
Old 06-12-2003, 08:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Eindecker 46 SFM

I think Model Airplane News did a review on this plane also......
Old 07-19-2003, 12:25 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Eindecker 46 SFM

Model Airplane News did a review on this plane June 2003.

Chris
Old 08-06-2003, 02:22 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Default Eindecker 46 SFM

I just built the Eindecker Arf from SF. I powered it with a ASP(Magnum) FS.61AR 4 stroke. It was very easy and didn't take too much work to get the plane balanced. I took my time in painting the gun and pilot... also painted the cowl aluminum looking silver. I took it to the field today... After taking it out I had a crowed looking a it and saying how great it looked. When i got it in the air it flew Great... Very easy to fly. Taking off was easy just eased up the throttle with a little rudder to keep it staight and it gently lifted off. Landing was easy too... Didn't mind the slower speeds... It's not a 3 d plane but will loop and roll easy... hard to hold a knife edge because of small tail. If you want something that looks older like a war bird... or relic... ( not a scale plane) but easy to fly, I recomend this plane... I loved every second of it and can't wait to get it back to the field.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:14 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: Eindecker 46 SFM

I have a new Eindecker 46 SFM and want to get some input on a motor. I have a 46AX and a saito 91 laying around. Has anyone got one with a 46AX on it? unlimited vertical? I like short take offs Our runway at out field is kinda of short with trees at the end. So I need enough power to get it off the ground and pull a pretty steep angle to clear the trees. I think the saito 91 would be too heavy though . What do you think ?????
Thanks for any input
Old 01-02-2007, 11:18 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Eindecker 46 SFM

The 46ax of course will fly it fine with plenty of power. I Love mine with the 4 stroke 61 asp/magnum. I have a friend who flew his with a base 40 LA OS. Unlimited vertical? WHY? The 46ax will get it off the ground in about 15 ft. If I were you I would try and trade your 46ax for a 4 stroke 61. The 2 stroke will give you more speed, but the four stroke will give you Torque!!! Swing a large prop fly slow and take off in a short distance. It will look like an Eindecker in the air flying around.

I only fly this plane once in a while now but it's a nice relaxing plane to fly.