Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Squewd wing... >

Squewd wing...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Squewd wing...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squewd wing...

OK I had a previous post about the trailing edge, but after holding it bowed in the opposite direction it is about straight. The problem is that still the aileron is not straight with the TE (about 1-2cm), and I've used a straight rule on the TE the LE the main spars and even the ribs once all built up with just the TE missing and lastly the aileron, all individually they are straight but when I put it all together something goes really funny and the things just will not go straight, I hope to be receiving new TE's and main spars from Great planes as I thought those where the problem before I straightened the TE. The ribs also when piled and using a angle to keep them straight are all about the same (off by max of 1mm) so if anyone has any ideas about this or has built the PT-60 trainer and can give me some pointers it be great cause now I'm all out of ideas.

Dave
Old 01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Squewd wing...

Is there a possibility that your hinge slots are not centered on all the hinge points? Just a thought. Good Luck, Dave
Old 01-11-2007, 09:01 PM

no hinges in yet, the PT-60 wing is a snap together u glue last so I was just checking everything before I even looked at the glue and luck I did but now I'm so stumped as what could be wrong, unless... just thinking about it now the grooves in the ribs are off but the outline is the same, but I'm sure I checked that, well something else to look at. But please any more suggestions would be great as I think my last idea wont solve it.

Dave
Old 01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
My Feedback: (15)

i know this is going to seem like a simple question,but is your building board flat straight?sometimes the obvious is hard to see.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 AM

I do believe it is, but its on the horizontal plane that things go funny not the vertical plane
Old 01-12-2007, 07:01 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean it's sort of bent as if swept back or forward in the horizontal plane?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 AM

Hi

Without seeing it this is really a guess . But are some of your ribs in upside down?

Simon