Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 custom build >

custom build

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

custom build

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom build

are custom builds hard beacause i want to build a warbird but cant seem to find the kind of plane i want so if anyone has advice or even links 2 other stores to buy warbird kits plaese all reply will help
Old 01-26-2007, 09:07 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: custom build

I would imagine that it sort of depends on what warbird you want to build. There are many kits available out there for you to choose from. And, of course, your experience level would make quite a difference too.

DS.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on how "custom" you mean. I've seen WW2 warbirds with landing gear that requires a milling machine and full metal shop and would take me months just to turn out the retracts. How about a WWI Halberstadt C.V with a functional eight cylinder in-line engine all scratch built?

I recommend building from existing plans or a short kit from www.lazer-works.com , www.precisioncutkits.com or similar supplier. AMA has a plans service.

After you build one or two of the prekitted variety. This is not to say that some folks haven't turned out beautiful models as first attempts. After three or four YEARS of building.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i am trying to find a b25 bomber plans so if anyone has some or knows where i can get some please send me some links
Old 01-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ziroliplans.com/cat_frameset.html

He has 101" span and 118" span plans available for the B-25 and many other war birds. Don't be so quick to reinvent the wheel.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can look on the online auction sites for a Royal/Marutaka B-25 kit too. I recommend that you have a fair amount of kit building experience before attempting one of these kits or attempting any short kit or building from plans in general.

Scott