Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 New pilot >

New pilot

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

New pilot

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New pilot

I just turned fourteen and i fly with my dad. I have always had an intrest in rc. Finally, last year i built a trainer from a kit. While i was building it i started to fly on my dad's Kadet Mark II, the plane he learned on. Once I finished my plane I flew it. It smacked into the ground on it's maiden due to aileron failure. I threw some epoxy in it and put on new landing gear and got back to flying. Only two real flights on it so far, but they ended in deadsticks. I am currently building a Sig Mid Star and have my first ARF, an Ultra Stick 40, waiting for me once the Mid Star is done. My dad claims that the street we fly off of is like making carrier landings, so were are searching for a new field. I'll see if i can find a pic of it to post.

I hope every kid gets interested *addicted* to this hobby!

Farr301
Old 02-17-2008, 02:18 PM

Missileman,

Thanks. My dad is very proud of me, I'am very proud of myself as well. I don't think I would've made it this far in the hobby with out my dad, he's helped a great deal in many situations. I guess this hobby is a way that we bond together, he named me after the Allison v12 used in WWII fighter - Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, so, airplanes have always been something I loved since I was a little girl and the love of airplanes has only grown bigger now. I also hope to someday take a ride with the Young Eagles.

Farr301, Too Late, I'm already addicted !

-- TakingFlight96
Old 02-18-2008, 09:49 PM

I'm not only a new pilot but, a new builder. I just recently got a Guillows series 500 Curtiss P-40 Warhawk to get a feel for buiding, which I may be doing a lot of in the future. My dad supported this idea 100 % and is very proud of me.

-- TakingFlight96
Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 PM

I am fairly new to rc. I have flew a little. I had a P51 but i crashed after my third flight i had no trainer. so i know she do better than me. lol
Old 02-18-2008, 11:19 PM

same thing my dad says