Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Thunder Tiger Champion 45L >

Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

Im wondering if anyone has some knowledge on the Thunder Tiget Champion 45L. I got one for free and considering putting some gear in it and flying it for a seccond plane. However I want some more information about flight characteristics ect. Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks alot, Spencer
Old 06-21-2003, 03:10 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Spencer

I have nothing but good things to say about my 45L.Great plane!!

I have from Edges to trainers to Aresti's and the 45L is my fav to fly. It's the only plane I have to trust full throttle one foot over the runway.. It tracks like on rails and the type flying I do,jerking around won't get it.

I'm running a TT 46 Pro and it's a screamer and very fast with an 11x5.

I've read alot on here about the landing gear not being beefy enough and I'd probably agree on that.Only one of mine came loose and I went in the wing and beefed it up and no more problems. A very hard landing will usually do some damage.I had the wheel pants on it when the landing gear came loose and it went half way thru the wing so I don't put wheel pants on anything anymore..They look great,but are not a good idea unless you make 100% perfect landing every time,and that's not me.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the plane.Just don't set the control surfaces to wide.It don't take much Aileron and your turning.Mine probably move maybe three/eights of an inch and that's plenty.

Enjoy...Walt
Old 06-21-2003, 07:21 PM

Default thanks

Thanks for your oppinion... sounds like i got a great plane, so you think it would be possible to use it as a seccond plane as long as i keep the throw down??
Old 06-21-2003, 08:53 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Second Plane

If it's your second plane from a trainer type you'll have your hands full but with an old timer next to you,you'll make it.It's just that it's a lot faster and responsive than your trainer could ever be. Have someone put it up for you and let you have it till your comfy with it. I'm not subtracting from your expertise but again it's far from a trainer.
I kinda stuck my neck out saying that it would be a good second plane in the first place.Usually second planes are shoulder wings,a bit slower but I'm a firm believer that you can learn to fly anything as long as you got someone with you that's used to that type plane and can guide you thru a few flights till your comfortable.Then it's all yours..
Have fun...Walt