Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

Full Scale Military Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Scale Military Vehicles

I collect and restore full scale military vehicles. I belong to the Military Vehicle Preservation Association. Do a search for MVPA and you can learn all about it. The nice thing about this car club is you don't have to worry about waxing and polishing. Attached is a photo of my 1943 M3A1 Scout Car and 1943 Willys MB Jeep. I am also a member of the Commemorative Air Force. Enjoy.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TopKicksPhotos628.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2239399
Click image for larger version

Name:	TopKicksPhotos-1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2239400
Old 07-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Full Scale Military Vehicles

I love that old millitary iron! Fortunately, I live near the Patton museum
on Fort Knox, I visit it at least once a year. Pure heaven for history buffs!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:57 PM

Gotta love camo vehicles. lol We have several used as props at various businesses in my area, including one tank that is still drivable. Its really puts things in perspective when you stand next to one of these hunks of iron.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:32 PM

this belongs to one of my neighbours,he normally has a .50 calibre on the mount in the back but keeps getting stopped by the police!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24063.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1012812  
Old 10-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Banned

On Friday, August 8th, Russian troops not only entered South Ossetia to back up separatists' regime (some 150 Russian tanks and armored vehicles crossed the border into the Georgian territory), but started to bomb towns and villages all over Georgia. Airports, railway stations, seaports, military basis have been bombed since Friday. Towns of Senaki, Poti, Gori, Marneuli have been under Russian air attack as well. Gori (in Eastern Georgia) and Senaki (in Western Georgia) suffered the most – lots of casualties and deaths among civilians are reported.

From Gori, Imedi Radio's correspondent K. Liklikadze has reported on Saturday that Russians jets bomb various districts of the city. A residential block of houses was destroyed by Russian airplane bombing and, according to CNN reports, some 60 civilians were killed and more were wounded.

People flee from their homes in Gori and the Tskhinvali region and try to find shelter in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, which might also become a next target for the Russian air force.

On Saturday, Georgia declared a state of war as Russia sent more troops and hundreds of tanks into the breakaway province of South Ossetia.
</p><table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" border="1" align="left" style="width: 8px; height: 5px;"> <tbody> <tr> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
According to Kakha Lomaia, head of Georgia's Security Council, in a radio interview to "Imedi", said that on August 9th, Georgia shot down four Russian military airplanes (air jets/bombardiers), raising the number of Russian airplanes downed in two days to ten (August 8th-9th). No independent source has confirmed this information.

Lomaia said that Russian airplanes twice came very near to the regular civilian airplanes creating a serious safety situation for civilian planes. So far, all civilian flights to Europe and other directions, except to Russia, are not cancelled.

Russians launched an information war and the Georgian government ordered to switch off Russian channels in Georgia. Lomaia appealed to citizens not to believe the Russian propaganda.

According to CNN, some two thousands people are believed to be killed in the clashes and bombings in South Ossetia and elsewhere in Georgia.

U.S. President George W. Bush, in Beijing, called Russia and Georgia to immediately end the fighting.

South Ossetia has been trying, with Russia&rsquo;s military, economic and political support, to gain independence since breaking away in a civil war in the 1992-1993. Georgia's president Mikhail Saakashvili has pledged to bring South Ossetia and Abkhazia, another separatist region also supported by Russia, under full Georgian control. Russia has troops in South Ossetia and Abkhazia labeling them &ldquo;peacekeeping missions&rdquo;, which, in fact, are the military shield for the separatists.

Russia&rsquo;s strategic political goal is to prevent Georgia from becoming a NATO member and NATO from approving a membership action plan (MAP) for Georgia at the alliance&rsquo;s December 2008 or April 2009 meetings. Russia seeks to demonstrate that Georgia cannot be a viable member of NATO with unsolved conflict with the country. Similar strategy Russia holds for Moldova, which has a similar separatist conflict with its breakaway region of Transnistria that borders Ukraine.

.................................................. ...........................

quick money