Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Full Scale planes, cars, helis, boats > Cars & Trucks - Full Scale
 !!WARNING TO ALL ISUZU RODEO/AXIOM/HONDA PASSPORT OWNERS!! >

!!WARNING TO ALL ISUZU RODEO/AXIOM/HONDA PASSPORT OWNERS!!

Community
Search
Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

!!WARNING TO ALL ISUZU RODEO/AXIOM/HONDA PASSPORT OWNERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default !!WARNING TO ALL ISUZU RODEO/AXIOM/HONDA PASSPORT OWNERS!!

A friend of mine recently lost control of her 2001 Isuzu Rodeo at 70mph and almost wrecked. She said she was driving along and the rear end started "wagging" uncontrollably. She bought it from the first owner, has low miles and was VERY well maintained. Upon closer inspection, the rear leaf spring shackle on the driver side broke loose from the frame due to severe rust, and both rails on both sides are COMPLETELY rotted out beyond repair. I did a google search of this and quickly found out that Rodeos/Passports/Axioms between 1997-2002 have problems with the frame rusting out and BREAKING due to low quality steels/insufficient coating. If you know anyone that owns any of these vehicles, please let them know that there have been serious injuries and possibly deaths due to loss of control and that they need to have their frames thoroughly inspected! Most vehicles dont have any body rust, so theres nothing topside to suspect that the chassis might be rusted through.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: !!WARNING TO ALL ISUZU RODEO/AXIOM/HONDA PASSPORT OWNERS!!

ORIGINAL: mahogany dreams

A friend of mine recently lost control of her 2001 Isuzu Rodeo at 70mph and almost wrecked. She said she was driving along and the rear end started ''wagging'' uncontrollably. She bought it from the first owner, has low miles and was VERY well maintained. Upon closer inspection, the rear leaf spring shackle on the driver side broke loose from the frame due to severe rust, and both rails on both sides are COMPLETELY rotted out beyond repair. I did a google search of this and quickly found out that Rodeos/Passports/Axioms between 1997-2002 have problems with the frame rusting out and BREAKING due to low quality steels/insufficient coating. If you know anyone that owns any of these vehicles, please let them know that there have been serious injuries and possibly deaths due to loss of control and that they need to have their frames thoroughly inspected! Most vehicles dont have any body rust, so theres nothing topside to suspect that the chassis might be rusted through.

THIS IS TRUE FOR ALL VEHICLES IN THE SALT BELT!!![] That is one reason I wish WI had safety inspections.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MOTORMAN37

ORIGINAL: mahogany dreams

A friend of mine recently lost control of her 2001 Isuzu Rodeo at 70mph and almost wrecked. She said she was driving along and the rear end started ''wagging'' uncontrollably. She bought it from the first owner, has low miles and was VERY well maintained. Upon closer inspection, the rear leaf spring shackle on the driver side broke loose from the frame due to severe rust, and both rails on both sides are COMPLETELY rotted out beyond repair. I did a google search of this and quickly found out that Rodeos/Passports/Axioms between 1997-2002 have problems with the frame rusting out and BREAKING due to low quality steels/insufficient coating. If you know anyone that owns any of these vehicles, please let them know that there have been serious injuries and possibly deaths due to loss of control and that they need to have their frames thoroughly inspected! Most vehicles dont have any body rust, so theres nothing topside to suspect that the chassis might be rusted through.

THIS IS TRUE FOR ALL VEHICLES IN THE SALT BELT!!![] That is one reason I wish WI had safety inspections.
This isnt limited to previously said vehicles just in the salt belt though.. There have been people in the SouthWest U.S. with the same problems, but I do agree.. The common buyer doesnt get under their vehicles to check them out, state safety inspections should be mandatory!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello join our group on Facebook called Recall isuzu rodeos and Honda Passports, we are a group trying to get a national safety recall for these problems. You can see some of our pictures regarding these vehicles and the rot.
Karin Howard of Belchertown, MA
Old 07-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Most Japanese trucks/rust. It's like they have never heard of rust.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM

I'm not lining up to have some government bureaucrat inspect my vehicle for safety. emissions tests are bad enough, sheez.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ummmm i dont belive that this is true warning to get worried about, in the rest of the world this is not a problem.
Here in Australia we dont have that problem, ive seen some really bad rust damage in the uk, but thats because thay use salt to clear snow. are u shure thats not the case with these cars in mention?