Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
 Win a MAN Akromaster kit/parts for FREE! >

Win a MAN Akromaster kit/parts for FREE!

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Win a MAN Akromaster kit/parts for FREE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Win a MAN Akromaster kit/parts for FREE!

MAN Akromaster project...win parts to build a kit for free!

See RCU thread "MAN Akromaster TOC..." for more details on the airplane from 1978!

Special Contest! I am very committed to the idea of getting a few of these MAN Akromaster models flying...I want to give someone the stuff to build a kit!

Rules: Send me a letter, e-mail, RCU (PM) describing/explaining why/when/how you will build and fly a MAN Akromaster model. Include photos of your work, experiences and your word that you will complete the project in a very timely manner. I am the judge and jury...the winner will get the plans, balsa, plywood, covering and dooh dahs to build a flying model- no R/C equipment supplied or motor (although I am very good at finding NIB Webra's!)

No cost to enter!

Eligibility: Any person living on planet earth is eligible. Team entries are accepted. Professional modelers/builders, the modeling press...even members of the current Administration are welcome to enter. All entries become the property of Rusty Dose, may not be returned, may be copied or published using print and digital media, no compentsation will be given and no money will be made by Rusty Dose, his family or agents in connection with this MAN Akromaster project.

Strings: The winner will agree to share their experiences in the Classic Pattern-Trader, a newsletter dedicated to the people, pilots, planes, power plants and cool stuff of the golden age of R/C pattern 1968 - 1985.

Deadline: All entries must be received by September 15, 2009 and the winner selected on or before September 30, 2009.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Parts and Service
Classically Minded
Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Win a MAN Akromaster kit/parts for FREE!

Interesting Rusty...

are your plans still to build a couple: glow/electric one each?

Honestly, although I'd enjoy building one, I've got my hands full at the moment. Now, next fall 2010 might be another story...

Good luck!

David.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 AM

See RCU thread "MAN Akromaster TOC..." for more details on the airplane from 1978!

Glow and Electric...I will build a glow and electric version. The MAN Akromaster uses a conventional one piece wing which is stiffer, quieter and perfectly fine for the glow version. The electric version will need a removable canopy/hatch, much taller landing gear due to the 14" prop of the glow model and a 20"+ prop of the various e-motor choices and benefit from a diet...plug in wings.

The "Akromaster Project-Winner" may receive a laser cut short kit based on the design but re-engineered consistent with techniques like lightening holes every where and inter-locking parts. The model is very simple to build based on the plans.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba

Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rusty,

do you have a PDF of the plans? I'd be interested in seeing them.

David.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:43 AM

Akromaster kit for FREE!

PDF available...I have a PDF of the original MAN article courtesy of RFJ. Please RCU (PM) for a copy.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM

A beautiful rubber powered scale model during launch from a european contest. Model finished 11th.

Information about Ed Keck, the MAN Akromaster designer.

Information about the full-scale airplane from 1970

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46259.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1258566  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ig11614.pdf (71.3 KB, 6 views)